Wpl ural truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Sub
Sergeant

Re: Wpl ural truck

Post by Sub »

Hi.
You do get some spare parts particularly suspension pieces from memory a spare stearing link rod and stearing servo arm and a spare leaf spring also some front spring chassis mounts and 3 spare plastic leaf springs plus a door hinge and a few handles and a rear axle link rod mount.
I have not come accross any missing rear axle parts as the axles will not locate correctly without the correct pieces.
Can you put up a photo of the bits you think you are missing.
If you only have a 3 channel receiver you will use these all for the stearing, throttle, and 2 speed gearbox. You can make / buy something called a Y lead one end goes into a receiver port and then splits into 2 you can put the light plug into one and the stearing / throttle / gearbox in the other and as the positive and negative are live all the time they will power the lights. Its only the signal usually white / buff thats switched.
Which will work the second item.
I will try and post a pic of my rear axles for you to compare.
Regards
Sub.
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Thanks, I suspected it about the receiver. Just ordered a y cable for the split. Thanks. This is a good idea.

I did not find the small part marked with the yellow box in the pic.
dscn2013.jpg
It sits on top of the leaf spring set. I do have a bunch of counterparts that do the same on the front axle. They have an oval groove on the bottom that fits nicely that on the axle housing. I understand they need to be different for the rear. Am I wrong?
They also look different in the instruction sheet. No trace of them in any of the bags so far.

As the leaf spring set is attached with two screws I figure it isnt going anywhere without that part. It might give a slightly different clearance at best. What say you?
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi.
You should have 4 of those 2 for the front and 2 for the rear.
I think they are the same for front and rear.....if you have some front ones left over these are used for the rear as they are the same i believe.
You will need them as these hold the springs in place onto the housing stopping them twisting when the suspension moves up and down with the 2 screws.
From what i believe.
Sub.
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Yes. I did just that. The instruction gave me the impression that these are different parts. Now I see they use the same part in both places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Morning,

After much eye straining half way through the build I decided to upgrade the attached kit instruction to a more legible size.
I uploaded it here for your benefit
Started as a tank man.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

:thumbup:
Sub
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks for posting that. I'm about to start that kit myself and these instructions will be much better than the tiny little ones that came with the truck. I plan to print them out when I get home from work.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Sub wrote:The servo provided for steering is of good quality and they even supply you with a bracket that screws down over the top of the servo to hold it in its place.
Hmm. makes me wonder. I have not found such a bracket yet. Any images what it should look like?
It is black, I assume?
Started as a tank man.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi.
Yes its there....
It is black and square with 2 lugs on it that are offset to match up with the holes on the posts where the servo fits.
Sub.
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Here you are
You can see the servo cover far left on the same line as the mud flaps. Below the long roof hand rail.
Sub
Attachments
s-l400-1.jpg
s-l400-1.jpg (37.38 KiB) Viewed 2154 times

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”