WPL 6x6 by pajak7

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
pajak7
Recruit

Re: WPL 6x6 by pajak7

Post by pajak7 »

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Great looking truck. You probably said and I probably missed it, but what are you using for sound? I've been messing about with the Das Mikro and one other sound board, but the Das Mikro is giving me trouble and the other board is rather large and difficult to get into the smaller trucks. I thought about a genuine TBS Micro from Tom Benedini, but the cost kind of defeats the goal of building a decent hobby-grade truck on a poor man's budget.

So if you could tell me what you use for sound and maybe post some photos of the installation that would be a huge help to me. Thanks in advance, and again, I really like that truck of yours. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
pajak7
Recruit

Post by pajak7 »

Used Das Micro and unfortunately no photos from the installation.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thus far I've had no truck with trucks, unlike Gary, but really like the look of the transmission and those alluring CV joints :thumbup: Nice work.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

pajak7 wrote:Used Das Micro and unfortunately no photos from the installation.
Did you program the das mikro or just use it as it came? I haven't yet tried to program one, and being rather lazy to start with, I'm thinking of using the larger module wherever I have room for it. I did a little comparison in this video, but your truck sounds great and i wouldn't change a thing on it.

phpBB [video]

So have you got another truck build in line after this? Maybe a Ural? I'll be looking forward to seeing your work again, it's very good.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Thus far I've had no truck with trucks, unlike Gary, but really like the look of the transmission and those alluring CV joints :thumbup: Nice work.
You really should try one, Roy. I'm amazed at how much fun these little things can be. And cheap, too. For what I've put into the Hetzer I could literally build an entire brigade of these things in all shapes and sizes. Seriously, though, since I'm pretty sure you already have a suitable TX on hand, you could build a great little truck for under 50 quid. Careful though, they can be just as addictive as tanks! 8)
pajak7
Recruit

Post by pajak7 »

Continuation

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

:)
Nice metal working
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
pajak7
Recruit

Post by pajak7 »

So the tank is in place and nailed the sheet-metal skirts without the struts.

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Is the plan to replace all the plastic? Thus far, this truck is morphing into a museum-quality, all-metal version, of the plastic base you began with :thumbup: Most of all, I love those constant velocity joints, and other transmission elements. They almost resemble a close-up of a real truck up on an inspection ramp. Must get one in the New Year. :D :thumbup: Lovely work.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”