1/12 8x8 M983 HEMTT Tractor

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: 1/12 8x8 M983 HEMTT Tractor

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Just an observation. Bearing in mind the size of the package, it seems probable that you will get hit for VAT and custom Duty, plus of course, the handling charge from the courier! I reckon that would bring the whole shooting match up to about £900. It is creeping up to Cross territory as far as price goes. It would be interesting to see a direct detailed comparison between the two.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

They are 'very' hard to find on the Chinese sites, and those that are there are silly money. I've no idea why the supply dried up not long after they were launched? They seem to have vanished for some odd reason, maybe production costs have risen and they are uneconomic to manufacture, it's a complete mystery. Haya shows them at £750 inc VAT, and out of stock? They are big trucks though, as big as the CrossRC Mammoth, which is huge. Simon had both of them in the back of his truck on Sunday, you could have taken a look at them there. Personally I prefer the Hemmt, it's a more interesting model and a lot cheaper, even at these prices.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

I noticed that they seem to have "dried up" everywhere which is really too bad. I have the tractor version so was hoping that they sell enough to make the trailer as in the instruction manual. The green one is definitely more complete with the bed, but I still like the tractor look better, and didn't know about the planned trailer anyway bfore committing. Compared to CROSS Mammoth this is still a deal, and frankly looks a bit more realistic and less toy like. Must be the big round tires on the Mammoth.

I am very impressed with the details on this one. Also, it appears that the sound and light version has its own MFC with a separate receiver it looks like. I might replace the electronics at sometime but have not spend time trying to figure it out but on surface it looks like it has two sets of receivers.
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

Hi Chaps :wave:

Happy New Year to all :clap:

I have given the "Hulk" a good test run, and I am mahoosively impressed :thumbup: :thumbup:

After a few false starts, I have finally found a worthy successor to my old 1/8 tiger.

The "Hulk" chewed up all terrain offered, and I reckon it will go anywhere a 1/8 or 1/6 tank will - and I never once needed to go for the high gear option.

(I Did try high gear just to see on the flat, and I reckon the quoted top speed of 18 kph looked about right 8) )

So, all in all, I am one happy tread head :D :D

Return to “Unboxing”