NW Tank and Military Vehicle group meeting

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
stug 85
Corporal

Re: NW Tank and Military Vehicle group meeting

Post by stug 85 »

George has read the pages wrong the 25 pages are past risk assessments attached to the new rules that coincide with current government rules.
Me and George are in discussions wheather to go ahead or not.
All the hut owners want us to do is agree to follow the rules which are
Sanitise your hands
Wipe taps, toilet handles touched
Sign a book for t&t
Wear a mask, (which isn't in current guidelines but as most users of the hut are of a vulnerable age the committee agreed to keep this rule)
And wipe the place down on exit.
I think its doable but it depends on other members agreeing to follow rules.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

I’d be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Yes me too so long as there are no dire imprecations and consequences to the organisers.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
stug 85
Corporal

Post by stug 85 »

Hi all, just a quick update. I have been talking to geroge and it became quite clear that the poor guy was getting a bit overwhelmed (he is 79 lol) so he's agreed to let me take the reins for this meet so he can come chill out and see how we have to run things during this mess.
So the meet will be on, on the 1st of August I'm going to contact the powers that be and organise a risk assessment and be shown round the hut to see how other groups have run there and see new developments in the building ill keep you all posted on how we're doin. :thumbup:
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

I can’t wait

stug 85
Corporal

Post by stug 85 »

Hi all, just a quick update
I have been shown round the hut by the chairman of another club to see how the place runs
There will only be space for 16 people with tanks, 2 per table about 2.5 square feet
There is nothing stopping you bringing a few tanks in your car and swapping throughout the day but there's only room for about 3 tanks each tops.
The kitchen is off limits its now a sick bay/quarantine room for anyone that falls ill or has an accident.
Total room capacity is 24 so we can have a few spectators.
I am now going to write the risk assessment and send it to the owners for approval if this goes OK ill be contacting people early next week
It is a bit strict but they've had a hell of a time getting the council to approve, they have had to risk assess the place like its a school for some daft reason but hopefully we can still meet up and have a laugh :thumbup:
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

I’m in

Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Looks quite a good club up there clearly a lot more experienced modellers that what we have at my nearest club, for now at least but in comparison most of our members with few exceptions are quite new to the hobby. Looking forward to seeing what if any lockdown creations have been built or started though
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
stug 85
Corporal

Post by stug 85 »

Hi all, we have a meet, the risk assessment was accepted by the hut owners :D
I'll get a copy printed off and put on the front door for people to read before entry id put a screen shot on here but can't upload pics.
I'll start contacting people and let them know we're on, so far we have me, George, Alwyn and Wayne if anyone else wants to go please let me know if you don't get a text, texts will probably go out tomorrow :thumbup:
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Excellent news Mark, thank you very much for all the effort you’ve put in to make this meeting a reality

Return to “Events / Days out”