Super Pershing

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Super Pershing

Post by tomhugill »

Hi Painless, that's an excellent reference! I need to start buying a reference book for each of my builds.

Morning (I'll try and get some better photos when I'm not work during the only daylight hours Image). Made a start on the Super P mud and grime now the Matt clears properly dry. Using my usual mix of pigment, acrylic resin, plaster and when darkening added ammo black into the mix. As usual it looks great when applied and drying but when full dried out the dark wet parts greatly fade loosing the contracts and wet/dry effects. This time I tried something a little different. Had some ak wet effects in the draw which I've never used properly but thought what's the worst. This stuff as far as I can tell is viscous enamel gloss clear but it so far is doing what it says on the tin!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Wow Tom that Pershing is looking better by the day
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I’m all about the mud Mr H , seems to add an extra dimension to a build.
So you reckon that stuff is no good ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I’m all about the mud Mr H , seems to add an extra dimension to a build.
So you reckon that stuff is no good ?
Hey Herman, the mud I'm using is great, easy to control and good texture, you just have to be careful with the mix and be aware it will lighten significantly when drying. However that's where the wet effects fluid comes in, so glad I tried it and it works so well!

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Continuing on with the mud, l wanted to try and make the tank look like the crew had been clambering over it, so adding my.ud to the areas around the hatches. As the sponsors are cut but there plenty of splatter over the tool boxes and the side of the turret. I've added wet effects in the crevices by the hatches to represent wet mud which hasn't dried, and around the water filler cap. The stowage has only had its base coat, modulation and filter so far, peddinghaus send me the wrong set :(. I think the turret roof could use a bit more mud. Lastly I've added the effect for the cupola periscope glass. I used exposed 35mm film cut down to fit. This covers the bits I milled out and has the added bonus of being a visible light filter but allows IR to pass. Still to.do, finish mud, weather tracks, paint crew and find ISH stowage.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tom bravo that is a work of art
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

That really is a super dooper super pershing Tom :clap: :crazy:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

I saw this in the flesh today, it’s a cracker
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I think it's starting to come together,I always forget what a pain tracks are to paint and weather. I've still got the crew, storage and tarps to get her done.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Looks like a TOTM candidate to me, Tom :thumbup: Who knows, the 'perennial second place' offering could bump you up to numero uno.. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Tamiya Builds”