Cheers
Wayne
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Centurion Mk III Scratch build

Post by AlwynTurner »

Ariba Ariba! Andale Andale!

Er no I'm not related, I just don't hang around when I'm doing a build

That's pretty much all the styrene work, the rest is design and print.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Excellent progress Alwyn, following each installment closet!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks for the good words Tom, here's the next instalment

Front mudguard and glacis side

Last edited by AlwynTurner on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Nice one Alwyn & the toolboxes are spot on
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Rear mudflaps and support brackets

Last edited by AlwynTurner on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Alwyn I greatly admire your work. You have made this type of building look easy.The more challenges you have faced you seem to make them look easy.

The more you build and print, do you find it comes easier than when you first started printing these builds? or do you find the subject matter keeps getting harder and you continue to learn as you go?

Your work is top notch

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Carl, many thanks for the kind words. As I do these builds it does become easier as I find I can visualise the needed parts much more easily, as the more design and build I do, then the more challenges and problems I have to face and solve, and I think you quickly learn what works and what results in the need for redesign and reprint.

The other factor is that as time goes on I have built a library of designs so that on many occasions it is possible to take an existing part design and modify it rather than designing from scratch.

But you never stop learning, there is always a better way to do things and you just need to keep discovering it, it's part of the fun of the hobby. :crazy:

midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Hi Alwyn, the wife’s been away for a couple of days, I took the opportunity to print some turret parts, did the rear bottom first (18 hours), it lifted slightly leaving the base as rough as a bears arse, so after a rethink I’ve now split the turret into 3 pieces, front, middle & back which I’m printing vertically.
The front third has just completed (18 hrs) & it was a roaring success, the rear third I’ll print tomorrow, but I’ll have to wait for favourable conditions to print the middle as it’s another long print.
Is the turret top available yet?
Thanks for all the hard work
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Wayne, great news about the turret. I haven't got that far yet, I will be working on the upper hull for a while.

Things will be moving more slowly for a week or so as SWMBO was in hospital yesterday to have her coronary plumbing fixed, which was very successful. However, she now has a doctor's note excusing her from domestic duties for a couple of weeks until her wrist heals up where they put all the catheters/wires etc to do the job. This means I have been promoted to chief cook, bottlewasher, cleaner, and general skivvie for a while, curtailing my activities in the man cave.

Last edited by AlwynTurner on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modern Builds”