1:16 Blue Star Models/ An-Bri Hetzer Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: 1:16 Blue Star Models/ An-Bri Hetzer Build

Post by c.rainford73 »

A nice Memorial Day weekend with the family. My daughter marched in our local parade as a girl scout. So nice to see so many young people spending time together with veterans and family. Some beautiful restored vehicles.

As a small New England town, we have a group originally formed in 1767 (formed in Waterbury Connecticut long before my town of Middlebury seperated from that town) that played period music wearing original dress and marched with drummers. Very cool indeed.

Now onto the hetzer builds. I was able to start researching the included DVD in the An-Bri kit. A wealth of information and pictures. This kit has many features unique to its design so I will keep both kits seperated and both will be Hetzers.

The metal pan was installed. I fabricated an engine mount for a pair of Mato Sherman gearboxes. Some simple mods and they fit like a glove!

Some spare Mato Panzer III sprockets were machined and modified to accept the An-Bri wheel covers. Although not accurate, they are better than using panzer III or iv sprockets alone.

Much shading, grinding and fitting will be needed. So much to do to both machines.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I know the An-Bri kit is not 100% accurate, it's design uses panzer III tracks so that the metal road wheels will operate. The panzer III sprockets and small Panzer III style idlers lend themselves to this design. I will say it's quite robust and should be a very good runner. For the accuracy the blue star kit will be the most accurate representation for sure, but the gearboxes and sprockets will be somewhat of a challenge for me.....
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!
Happy Memorial Day weekend! That parade reminds me of many I attended with family while growing up in my own small town. A wonderful thing. I am interested in how very different those kit lowers are. You have made a super solid start with both. Following along, my friend.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Great work on the An-Bri kit Carl, I didn't think the panzer III stuff would work because of the road wheels. Following your build with great interest.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

AlwynTurner wrote:Great work on the An-Bri kit Carl, I didn't think the panzer III stuff would work because of the road wheels. Following your build with great interest.

Alwyn
Hi Alwyn yes I was a bit hesitant at first but once I assembled a road wheel, my Panzer III spares fit perfectlyImageHaving the spare Mato gearboxes were an added bonus!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Painless thank you my friend. Nothing like a big parade in a small town. I'm also having fun sorting out both kit lowers and making sense of the puzzle pieces!
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Coming along well Carl
Happy Memorial Day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Markocaster wrote:Coming along well Carl Image
Happy Memorial Day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you ImageI believe that the kit I purchased from you will become quite a reliable and fun tank!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hey Carl, wanna race? @) 8) :haha: :/

When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Other Builds”