1:16 Blue Star Models/ An-Bri Hetzer Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: 1:16 Blue Star Models/ An-Bri Hetzer Build

Post by c.rainford73 »

So after a long break from the hobby I've been working behind the scenes to assemble the needed parts for two builds and this hetzer will take priority.

I've been checking in from time to time but haven't been able to spend time in the workshop, but in the coming weeks things will change.

With the help of Freddy and Christian Ludwig I'm gathering the needed parts to assemble the drivetrain and will be making progress soon. The plan is to attach the steel plate to the bottom of the Blue Star hull and then add Christian's gearboxes, drive sprockets and complete the running gear.

I've ditched the stock resin remote controlled machine gun for his kit.

Here are the parts from The Ludwig's site

Now I need to source the tracks, but they are out of stock on the DKLM site....ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Looking in on this mate.
I admire your ambition to make a runner out of what is really a static :thumbup:
How poor is the kit roof M.G. ?
I know a guy who needs one for a StuG III build ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Love the Hetzer - good luck with Ludwigs one. You know the gearboxes are just Mato ones?

Tracks

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.aliexp ... 70836.html
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ad Lav wrote:Love the Hetzer - good luck with Ludwigs one. You know the gearboxes are just Mato ones?

Tracks

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.aliexp ... 70836.html
No Adam I did not know that.... Thank you for the link, sadly everytime I try to add to cart they say "out of stock" Image

Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

If I were you I would email Carson and ask him to get you a set.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Just been checking through your immersive build again, Carl, and really like what I see. :thumbup: The amazing thing about the Hetzer is how small it looks in 1/16 scale. :) You'd think it was manned by Hobbits. There's not a lot of real estate inside for electronic gizmos; but you've done an exemplary job of cramming bits it. :clap:
Anyway, I took lots of detailed pics in the Munster Panzer Museum, to assist builds. Here are four of the Museum's Hetzer ( I should have taken more. :/ ), but I hope they might provide you with interesting, or possibly usable, details. :wave:
keep up the inspiring handiwork on non-mainstream models :thumbup: :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks for the encouraging comments. Adam I will do just that. I may order two sets just for spares.

Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Nice to see some progress here Mr. Rainford. Almost forgot about this build. That Blue Star kit should be much more up to scale.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Roy those are some fantastic pictures. I will use them for inspiration once all the parts arrive and it's been primed.

Soeren thank you for checking in, I am sure this will be a more detailed and realistic representation of an early hetzer than my other kit, I've yet to assemble all the photo etched parts and have an entire sheet of brass tools parts, clasps and Jack plus the fender mounted photo etched box.

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Carl, they have a restored Hetzer down under in Oz and Kevin send me a bunch of photos. Should I try to find them and send them to you?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Other Builds”