Jagdpanzer IV l70 lang

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Jagdpanzer IV l70 lang

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks,

Some more work done on the Jagdpanzer IV. I've added a tan filter, gloss clear coat and then the decals from Peddinghaus. Used micro set and microsol to get them sitting well. Then started off on the pin wash using a mix of lamp black and burnt umber.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

What’s to say other than “perfect”
The scratch marks are so well done.
Be great if you did a you tube vid on how to do them so us ‘tards can have a go at it !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:What’s to say other than “perfect”
Be great if you did a you tube vid on how to do them so us ‘tards can have a go at it !!
Agreed. A tutorial would be the cat's pajamas, Tom. Do you think the technique would transfer well to 1/6 scale? If so, I just might copy this for the Hetzer. With your permission, of course, Sir. 8)

I remember watching you do the photo etch stuff on the Tiger and thinking, Now that's a true masterpiece, and here you've gone and surpassed even that. That much attention to detail would probably make my head explode. Truly amazing, Tom.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Eastern Front wrote:Really nice job..
I wonder, how does your model compare (details) to the Tamiya? I have looked at the Tamiya and was actually pondering it, but somehow the desire to build a Jagdpanther II is really pulling me to build it...Then again, the desire to build every AFV ever produced has me too!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Great Build!
I would say this is a fair bit more detailed, more opening hatches, antenna, real brass bolts on the engine deck, wood ha fled tools, proper clamps etc etc! It doesn't have the traverse of the tamiya but aside from that and the tamiya suspension d say it's better.

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Max-U52 wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:What’s to say other than “perfect”
Agreed. A tutorial would be the cat's pajamas, Tom. Do you think the technique would transfer well to 1/6 scale? If so, I just might copy this for the Hetzer. With your permission, of course, Sir. 8)

I remember watching you do the photo etch stuff on the Tiger and thinking, Now that's a true masterpiece, and here you've gone and surpassed even that. That much attention to detail would probably make my head explode. Truly amazing, Tom.
Thanks Gary and Herman.

The technique isn't any secret, same as I've always used for hair spray (chipping fluid works the same way), only difference is this time I used the different fluid (ak scratch fluid rather than hair spray) and let the top coat dry longer. I think this has made the chips smaller and lower in number. I also used a lot less fluid than I usually do.

I use a combination of stiff brushes and blunt tools (cocktail sticks and wooden rods) to do the chipping. Then repeat the process for chipping the camo colours. These chipped a bit more readily I think because of less dry time and more fluid!

Gary it should work fine, you'll just need to scale up the tools. Maybe use hairspray or a more heavy coat of fluid for bigger chips!

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Slowly slowly catchy monkey! Progress is happening all be it slowly when I get a spare few minutes. Last few nights I've been working on weathering the tracks and adding the oil streaking and tonal variation. I need to tone down the rain marks on one skirt and maybe add some more dirt streaks but I'm pretty pleased. I've also added the soot too the exhausts. Next up will be a flat clear coat before I start with the mud and pigments. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Not a proper update but I reassembled her to see where things were at.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Some better pictures outside ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Brilliant superb and stunning work Tom :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

This is a stunning masterpiece. This jagdpanzer is incredibly detailed. You made a crazy work. Congrats!!!
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...

Return to “Other Builds”