Best scale tank crew figures and torsos?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Best scale tank crew figures and torsos?

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Look, size does matter, the smaller the figure, the bigger the tank looks, that's why you started this thread, because you were scared your Minnow sized prize may get thrown back by a serious fisherman :P :haha:
Following your line of reasoning, Mick, Hitler and his inspection party here were only three feet tall ( a closely guarded secret). Nobody wanted to admit that the NAZI leadership were anything other than perfectly formed
examples of Nordic masculinity, and not built like Jimmy Clitheroe or Janette Krankie
This is actually a normal sized tank, but they created the 'Maus' myth around it'...to intimidate the enemy
Maus Pzkpfw V111..actually the size of a Panzer 111
Maus Pzkpfw V111..actually the size of a Panzer 111
Maus Pzkpfw V111.jpg (47.83 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Wow, Ken Dodds diddy men were Nazis. . . .
Don't you think they'd all look great if they were all sporting scale feather dusters, instead of swagger sticks. I do ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:Wow, Ken Dodds diddy men were Nazis. . . .
Don't you think they'd all look great if they were all sporting scale feather dusters, instead of swagger sticks. I do ;)
You're so kinky, can tell you were government. . . .
:lolno:
After all those years of taking flak from our beloved whingeing 'I pay your wages' public, I can finally let my hair down :haha: . It's a lot whiter than it used to be, but still a fulsome 'freak flag' (Crosby Stills and Nash..) mop :wave:
It's also said that if you live in the Highlands, after six months you begin to talk to yourself. After a year, you strike up a conversation with the sheep (and no..we're not like the Welsh!). After 18 months, the sheep begin to reply..
In this messed up world, you might as well be dead without a sense of the absurd, and a sense of humour.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

[
Have you ever spent time in the Scottish offices in London?[/quote]

No, but I spent four days at the European Parliament offices in London being inducted into Endless reams of Euro-crap legislation :yawn: :yawn:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:LOL, sounds interesting. . . .

Oh well, I guess our paths wouldn't have crossed then
Paths? Probably not. Doctor Johnson once said (to piss Boswell off..): ".. “The noblest prospect which a Scotchman ever sees, is the high road that leads him to England!” Having spent decades working in that former English city
( I don't need to elaborate on 'Former'.. :shh: ), I can honestly say that the finest prospect for a Scot is the high road away from England (and especially London!)

and now for something completely different: a return to the topic. :thumbup:
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

It'sssssssssss

(Couldn't resist that!)

Had forgotten that I had posted these in the figures section. They are from koleso884. They are the ones on my DAK Pz III, just better pictures.

viewtopic.php?f=206&t=23560

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

capt midnight wrote:It'sssssssssss

(Couldn't resist that!)

Had forgotten that I had posted these in the figures section. They are from koleso884. They are the ones on my DAK Pz III, just better pictures.

viewtopic.php?f=206&t=23560

Bill
:D :D
Yes those figures are pretty unique. Thanks, Bill. :thumbup: I wonder whether the handkerchiefs around their faces were more to protect against the effects of sauerkraut, and pickled herring, in a confined space, than against sand and dust.. :eh: :haha:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

I’ve never tried printing a figure before as my printer isn’t exactly top quality lol
As a proof of concept today I tried printing a model of Adolf, he’s 115mm high.
Overall the print quality came out far better than I expected, unfortunately the poor scale of the model makes his head look a tad small, plus he looks like he’s stood there waiting for a rectal exam....
I’m going to have a look around for what figures are available & give a few a go.
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Lol.

At both ol' Pinhead and your equivalent to our Surgeon General's Warning.

midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Best scale tank crew figures and torsos?

Post by midlife306 »

Just found these & ordered a set, they look to be excellent value Image
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328422962 ... 4c4dO0boYJ
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Questions”