16%
Tom's Cromwell
51%

Total votes: 37

Ad Lav
Captain

Re: TOTM March Photo submission thread

Post by Ad Lav »

I know I didn’t win TOTM March 2018 but I forgot to add a detail to my entry - having just received a complaint, warning and disqualification on another forum I feel I should be honest here too and add that Gary Farrow painted my tank.

I forgot to add this so please feel free to disqualify my entry and amend if you see fit.

Regards

Adam
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Adam no need to disqualify as honesty is the best policy and your entry although it did not win is a stunning piece. You are a very accomplished builder yourself and bringing this to light will be a great lesson going forward for anyone who forgets to add such details.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Apparently rules on other forum state I must add who it was painted by. An honest mistake which seems to have cost me dearly and embarrass me somewhat.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Here's a good one for you, the rules don't state that you have to declare who painted the vehicle ;) and I'm very much in agreement with Carl's decision :thumbup:

However it does state that the vehicle needs to be tracked, yet we've had armoured cars and trucks, which we all agree are a changing feature of this forum.

And finally, a rule which Tom of all people should know better with nine pictures, only six pictures per entry :shh:

So, we've had a truck win in another month with about 18 pictures :haha:

Time to revise the rules me thinks.

Yeah, i figured as everyone else was using more than 6 pictures I wouldn't be one to buck the trend!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

My rules were set in place last year when the competition changed hands. My rules were outlined in November. Any military rc vehicle is most welcome. This was a simple mistake on Mr Adam's part and I'm looking forward to his future submissions.

Aside from some confusion with Mr Egorz photos and videos I think we have had a rather smooth TOTM. I'm always open for suggestions and hope we can move onward and upward
rochesb
Lance Corporal

Post by rochesb »

It sounds a bit mean spirited to me to disqualify an entry for failing to disclose who painted a model. I wonder if there was an element of jealousy about it?

I must admit to being envious of the skills of those who are talented enough to submit their models for scrutiny but for me it's 'just a hobby'.......
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Here is the November post.

viewtopic.php?f=203&t=24106
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Lets not forget that hardly anyone liked the Rules that I set up. A couple of huge blow-ups resulted and I lost a couple of tank modeling friends and the Board lost a couple of very productive members over me being the moderator and setting up said Rules. The end result is that I am some sort of a Pariah now ( still haven't quite figured out what type yet but the days still young apparently ) So anyway, Carl is the Moderator now and can change the Rules to something more current and in line with todays Forum.
regards all,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Son of a gun-ner wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :haha: :haha: by my use of the :shh: emote when I mention you Tom, I was saying it tongue in cheek. But I applaud your amusing reasoning ;) note the winking emote :thumbup:

I think Adam should stop worrying about it, this forum is pretty laid back and relaxed, and I don't think it'll make any difference to people here with what they think of him.

And one should remember, RC tank warfare rules the tank forums like Britain used to rule the waves ;)
Hello sir! I took it that way don't worry, I reread my reply and it sounded more serious than intended (the curse of communication through text!).
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning,
Lets not forget that hardly anyone liked the Rules that I set up. A couple of huge blow-ups resulted and I lost a couple of tank modeling friends and the Board lost a couple of very productive members over me being the moderator and setting up said Rules. The end result is that I am some sort of a Pariah now ( still haven't quite figured out what type yet but the days still young apparently ) So anyway, Carl is the Moderator now and can change the Rules to something more current and in line with todays Forum.
regards all,
Painless
Your regular postings are sorely missed Painless, bygones are bygones (but you know my thoughts over people quitting over something so trivial). I'm glad the competition has continued in its various guises as it bring something else to the forum. Look forward to seeing your next build :thumbup:

Return to “Tank of the Month”