3D Printed T-35A

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: 3D Printed T-35A

Post by MichaelC »

Tiger6 wrote:
midlife306 wrote:Hi Michael,
I’m really sorry I have no idea what the electric costs are, not something I’ve ever checked.
I think you're really going to enjoy your next electric bill then 8O
I've about doubled mine this year since I started printing! :wtf:

Is there any functional suspension on that? I couldn't tell by looking at the full assembly STL
Thanks Tiger6 that answers my question. I can hide purchases from my better half but I am be out of place to live if my electric bill doubles.

MichaelC.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

I think if you have just one printer and stick to smaller parts and shorter print times you'll be fine, but Wayne and I are the kind of lunatics that have multiple printers on the go for days at a time :crazy:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Yep, if you’re not printing you’re losing capacity for future prints lol no.... OCD, probably
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I researched this and the best I could come up with is that it costs about 5 cents an hour (USD) to run the printer. That's assuming your electric costs are about 12 cents a kilowatt-hour.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Max-U52 wrote:I researched this and the best I could come up with is that it costs about 5 cents an hour (USD) to run the printer. That's assuming your electric costs are about 12 cents a kilowatt-hour.
Max that's good to know.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

0.9kwh was a figure I'd seen on you tube for printing PLA on a 45DegC bed, can't remember the nozzle temp that was being used tho.
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Tiger6 wrote:Ah ok, still think I will be reengineering this to take coil overs when I come to do it tho...
Hi Martin, almost everything about this tank is really robust, coil overs would be a nice touch, an area worth looking at though are the drive sprockets, the teeth are really thin & perhaps the tracks, if you could use KV1 tracks for example it would make a huge difference to print time (20min each link & 8 feet of them) & increase reliability.
Cheers
Wayne

Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

Fantastic project you’ve built impressive to the extreme!
Definitely a 2 thumbs up tank....
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Cheers Ragnar, the 3D model was free from Thingiverse, it’s really well thought out.
It took a while working out how things go together properly but everything is flying together now
Cheers
Wayne

midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

How it stands tonightImage
Cheers
Wayne

Return to “Show Off”