Tamiya King Tiger 56004 Restoration

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Tamiya King Tiger 56004 Restoration

Post by jarndice »

Roy one of the reasons that the countless areas of beauty in Scotland are not well known further afield in the UK is because English Men/Women who know and love Scotland and the Scots :{ Want to keep it for themselves.
I have witnessed too many places despoiled by thoughtless people who appear to have plenty of space in their car for boxes of various food stuffs and bottles of drink but are unable to find space for the empty boxes and bottles to take home with them.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:Roy one of the reasons that the countless areas of beauty in Scotland are not well known further afield in the UK is because English Men/Women who know and love Scotland and the Scots :{ Want to keep it for themselves.
I have witnessed too many places despoiled by thoughtless people who appear to have plenty of space in their car for boxes of various food stuffs and bottles of drink but are unable to find space for the empty boxes and bottles to take home with them.
Shaun.
Too right, Shaun. It's often said that "familiarity breeds contempt'; but I'd say it also breeds indifference. When people don't notice what a mess they're making of their own country and land/townscapes, they can treat other countries with the same indifference.... :think:
Now back to your prospective KT restoration, Will. I see you've posted pics directly here instead of going through 3rd party sites. Just to say, please keep that up, as it's so much easier to enjoy builds, and rebuilds, when the pics are posted here directly. :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Will,
Dave (Forgebear) www.forgebeartanks.com is selling "ABER" Tiger 11 PE Side Fenders (16-040) at £50 for a very complete set.
I checked the "Voyager" site because they are usually cheaper but while they do make front and rear fenders for the Tiger 11 there is nothing about the side fenders in 1/16. :thumbdown:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
Dayle Frame wrote:I have a pdf of the manual......I found it in the ‘downloads’ section of this site.

Hope this helps.

Dayle
Spot on, Dayle. It's right at the bottom of the 'Downloads' page, listed as the 'Original' Tamiya King `Tiger manual. Quite why I didn't bother looking there, when I always advise folks to check the archives etc, eludes me. :{
downloads/index.php?
As a sort of analogy, Scotland was voted 'The most beautiful country in the World', lately by the Rough Guides following. Yet people on the same island ( The English and the Welsh), always seem to look abroad for holiday venues.
Friends across the border, often say " Hmm.,I've heard it's nice there", but always seem to overlook it, and know practically nothing about the Highlands.. except for "There can be only one!!"
Sorry about the wee deviation, Will.. :wave:
No probs. I would say we want to get people to avoid our beautiful country and it will stay the same place. Remember to tell all the southeners it always raining up here and it will keep putting them off :) haha(Southerner of Scotland lol)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

HERMAN BIX wrote:As a New Zealander, I get the same thing...........
Living in Aus though, I miss green, and actual white sheep. :shh: :shifty:

I have some guards available if you need them Mr Capri, if I can find them, but as they are, not great examples.
I will go on a hunt & let you know.
Cool thanks, just give me a quote on shipping etc and what you want for them and i build up a shopping list :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

jarndice wrote:Hi Will,
Dave (Forgebear) http://www.forgebeartanks.com is selling "ABER" Tiger 11 PE Side Fenders (16-040) at £50 for a very complete set.
I checked the "Voyager" site because they are usually cheaper but while they do make front and rear fenders for the Tiger 11 there is nothing about the side fenders in 1/16. :thumbdown:
Shaun.

Excellent, will take a look
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Does anyone know if 56018 re release king tiger Tamiya parts fit the older 56004? Thinking Alu barrel and the detail part stories?
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

HERMAN BIX wrote:As a New Zealander, I get the same thing...........
actual white sheep. :shh: :shifty:

I will go on a hunt & let you know.
Aw geez HB, you’re giving out too much ammunition. Just find a pretty one...
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Will01Capri wrote:Does anyone know if 56018 re release king tiger Tamiya parts fit the older 56004? Thinking Alu barrel and the detail part stories?
Most of the parts will fit it, dont worry :) But in the case of the aluminium barrel, in the re release version the mantlet part is also new, and if I remember well, the barrel does not fit the older mantlet.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Good info. Thanks again :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project