An interesting commission - KV220

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: An interesting commission - KV220

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks to everyone for the good words. Finished the lower hull (apart fom the gearboxes, sprockets and tracks, and it's coming along nicely.

Still plenty to do on the upper hull and turret.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

As Eric Morecambe would have said: "You can't see the join!" :D :thumbup:
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Always impressed with your work
Tanks alot.... :wave:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Some progress on the turret. It's taking shape which is unfortunately coffin-shaped. Looking at the tank design and the single hatch into/out of the turret I would say the shape was particularly apt, any hit on the turret and it would be body bag time! No wonder this tank never went into production.

Lots still to do

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

silversurfer1947 wrote:As Eric Morecambe would have said: "You can't see the join!" :D :thumbup:

Ahhhh.............Morecambe & Wise...........that brings back a memory or several !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alwyn,
Good morning. Fabulous work!(Fun ;o) Have you considered going to Taigen for a pair of their working, metal idler adjusters for this machine? They come on any of their metal lowered KVs and add some cool, realistic functionality.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks Painless, I'm doing this as a commission build for someone else and at the moment it's being done on a minimum budget. I will let George know about the adjusters and he can decide to upgrade if he wishes.

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

wow nice work
balls of .... wel styrene for cutting that lot up and makign such a good job of things.
another cool build to follow
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Very neat work on the surgery Alwyn, it looks like the patient will be up and running the Fascists out of the Motherland in no time.

I assume that you extended the fenders rather than remaking them to help retain some strength there. I did the same with my SU-152, and although It's a pain in the arse to clean them up and make them match I've found myself picking up the upper hull by the fenders. I don't think glued-on ones would handle that kind of force, so I think we both made the right choice!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Dan, yes I just matched up a new section to the existing fender front and back, and reinforced it. That EMA Plastic Weld is mighty strong and seems to be doing the trick. Thanks for the good words.

Return to “Other Builds”