Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes as a GM man myself I had restored a 1965 Oldsmobile 98 convertible with this engine. Rated at 360hp in stock trim with about 500 ft pds of torque. A real nice car with glasspacks on it ImageImageImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning.
I've gotten older ( no, no, it's true! ) and all of the vintage Lincolns and old Jeeps are gone. My Hobbies are Tanks ( obviously ;o), Black Powder revolvers, CO2 replica airguns and reading for enjoyment ( vs reading for knowledge ;o) For vehicles, we keep it simple, A good running Jeep because up here you just have to have one and a fun car for road trips, a Mazda MX5 convertible. Covers the bases and no one owns them but us.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Commander and Miata
Commander and Miata
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hey, Painless, ever dream about stuffin' a V-8 in that puppy? This guy did, along with a better trans and rear end. He said he got to thinking about the Cobra, a foreign body with a big Detroit V-8, put together by a chicken farmer in Texas, and wondered what would happen if he did the same thing with modern stuff (except for the chicken farmer part) so he took a Mazda and put in a state of the art muscle car drivetrain. Naturally that required other upgrades, like suspension and brakes, but that's fast cars, eh? Speed costs money, how fast do you wanna go? :haha: :O 8)

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ok I'm going to put it all out there Mr Painless, with such amazing country you live in, have you ever had the urge to take the plunge and buy an armoured vehicle or half track in full size? I know it would be a great financial challenge and I'm not sure of your local laws in regards to these vehicles. There are a couple of fellows I know here in Connecticut with American half tracks.

Ok I'll come back in to reality....
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:Ok I'm going to put it all out there Mr Painless, with such amazing country you live in, have you ever had the urge to take the plunge and buy an armoured vehicle or half track in full size? ImageI know it would be a great financial challenge and I'm not sure of your local laws in regards to these vehicles. There are a couple of fellows I know here in Connecticut with American half tracks.

Ok I'll come back in to reality....
Trust me, Mr Wolf has a lot of fun on deserted winding roads with the car he has ;)
I think Carl was referring to the fun to be had if you eliminate the "road" part.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Really? Really? A Jeep can compare to a halftrack? Ya haven't bin drinkin', have ya, Mick? :haha: @) @)
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Because sometimes you gotta scare boy racers whilst lugging a couple of wardrobes in the boot! Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

That would be perfect for haulin' the Hetzer.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Evenin'
Ssssshhhhhh! Don't give my plans away, the Mate sometimes reads over my shoulder. I'm trying to start slow with searching for a tractor to clear the land with. *chuckles* I do have fun with the Mazda when I can and yes, the Jeep has delivered me to many a prime, out of the way place for a round of black powder target practice or a quiet meal and meditation. ( Good for the tinittus ) I'm very happy with em' as is.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hmm I guess a sherman with a dozer blade could pass as a tractor of sorts.... :shifty:

Return to “Off topic”