Profiline Jagdpanzer IV conversion

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Profiline Jagdpanzer IV conversion

Post by c.rainford73 »

I absolutely love it! You have done a superb job all your hard work is paying off Bill.

That care package from Mr Bix arrived very fast too!

So great to have the likes of Mr Bix on the forum he's a fantastic guy who exemplifies what's great about this forum.

Can't wait to see your finished product Bill. Bandage up those fingers you'll be needing them for future builds
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yeah Captain, that looks a winner :thumbup:
I agree those hatches are real nice to work with and sure do add to the over all level of anything PzIV based.
The spare track rail on the back...........is that going to take that length of metal track I sent ?.............do you need more ?

As for the care package, hell, I have had so much goodwill on many of my projects that "paying some forward" is a natural thing.
I had it, no use to me, so whats so hard in chucking it over your back fence so someone gets some use out of it. ;)

Happy to help out mate.............hows your vegimite-on-toast experiment coming along !!!! :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Very nice indeed
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Yeah Captain, that looks a winner :thumbup:
I agree those hatches are real nice to work with and sure do add to the over all level of anything PzIV based.
The spare track rail on the back...........is that going to take that length of metal track I sent ?.............do you need more ?

As for the care package, hell, I have had so much goodwill on many of my projects that "paying some forward" is a natural thing.
I had it, no use to me, so whats so hard in chucking it over your back fence so someone gets some use out of it. ;)

Happy to help out mate.............hows your vegimite-on-toast experiment coming along !!!! :haha:
Still, many thanks, Herman. I think those items really make it pop. The spare links fit perfectly in the holder on the rear. :clap:

I haven't done the toast yet, but I did try putting a bit in some soup Barb made. :thumbup:

Here's a bit of what I was able to get done last night. The brown dots are completed now. Going to start on the green later today, then some airbrushed sand over some of the areas between the dots.
20180208_225408.jpg
20180208_225428.jpg
20180208_225436.jpg
Would have made a nice DAK camo, wouldn't it? :haha:

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Wow
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Great work!
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Thanks, guys!

Here's a picture heavy update...

Here it is after I got the green dots applied. I tried to vary the sizes on of the dots on both colors.
dots 1
dots 1
dots 2
dots 2
dots 3
dots 3
I airbrushed some desert yellow over the open areas. I really liked the hard edge dots contrasting with the soft edge yellow.
yellow airbrushed on
yellow airbrushed on
And after dry brushing with a couple of different shades of gray.
after dry brushing
after dry brushing
I then mixed up a thin wash of black tempera paint. I spread this over all the hull, both upper and lower. I put a couple of drops of dish soap in it to make it flow better.
wash close up 1
wash close up 1
wash close up 2
wash close up 2
wash close up 3
wash close up 3
More to come...

Bill
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Super job BillYou now have coined the phrase " 2 shades of grey" hopefully it's not rated "X"

Really coming together so nicely. What was your trick with the stamping of the dots? I may attempt this camoflouge pattern with my panther
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Here's some shots of everything assembled. I still have some small thing to finish up, but it's pretty much ready to start on the insides.

I replaced the resin shafts of the barrel cleaner with some wooden dowel rods. All the tools were scrounged from other projects.
rear deck
rear deck
Here's a few shots of the overall look.
over all 1
over all 1
over all 2
over all 2

Still have to do up the exhaust stacks. The spare treads fit like a glove! Many thanks, Herman! :clap:
over all 3
over all 3
over all 4
over all 4
top view
top view
Bill
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

I had some foliage that I had gotten a while back and decided to see how it looked on the jagd. Not really sure if I like it, or not. Any opinions?
20180210_185123.jpg
20180210_185133.jpg
Thanks for looking!

Bill

Return to “Heng Long Builds”