Dragon 1/6 PANZER II AUSF.B to F Conversion with RC?

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Dragon 1/6 PANZER II AUSF.B to C Conversion with RC?

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
That turret bin turned out great! 1/6 scale allows for a lot of modification and scratch building using a great range of material types and sizes. Oh and just to throw another option your way, ( and if a little confusion, I apologize ) the Clark TK-60 handles 12v motors and batts as well. I've been talking to Maxmekker and through him, Mr. Clark. I also want my 1/6 scale light tank to be set up like a 1/16 scale one with the same electronics and wiring that I am used to at that scale. Flash and recoil, mgs, lighting and a smoker are all on the list along with the usuals. Following along still.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

Re: Dragon 1/6 PANZER II AUSF.B to C Conversion with RC?

Post by rolling-thunder »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning,
That turret bin turned out great! 1/6 scale allows for a lot of modification and scratch building using a great range of material types and sizes. Oh and just to throw another option your way, ( and if a little confusion, I apologize ) the Clark TK-60 handles 12v motors and batts as well. I've been talking to Maxmekker and through him, Mr. Clark. I also want my 1/6 scale light tank to be set up like a 1/16 scale one with the same electronics and wiring that I am used to at that scale. Flash and recoil, mgs, lighting and a smoker are all on the list along with the usuals. Following along still.
regards,
Painless
Options are good! The only thing I have in mind at the moment are the gearmotors based on Innovators recommendation of the ones he used on his Tank.
I am the Law!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Dragon 1/6 PANZER II AUSF.B to F Conversion with RC?

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
I seriously considered just using the 550 three pole motors that came stock. They use external resistors and are _really_ old stock. I am trying to replace them with Graupner Speed 600 BB version motors with five pole internal resistors. The spur gears from the Stuart fit those motor shafts as long as you get them in the 12v size. I am using the vinyl tracks from the static version and they are stiff so any motors used need to have torque. I am still researching this.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

Hmm, tempted by the Hetzer but I saw this https://www.eaxtoys.com/store/p19/Pz.Kpfw2 for $299
I am the Law!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

rolling-thunder wrote:Hmm, tempted by the Hetzer but I saw this https://www.eaxtoys.com/store/p19/Pz.Kpfw2 for $299
That's a pretty good price. I usually see them for closer to $500. And you said you're tempted by the Hetzer, which one? Do you know of a place selling 1/6 scale Hetzers?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

I think eaxtoys are selling them and mhm-shop.de are as well. Affording them.... well that is a different story. My workshop isn't going to build itself. https://www.eaxtoys.com/store/p9/Hetzer
I am the Law!
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

I spent 2 1/2 hours of work filling in the turrets rear view port and painting it up only for it to look no different. At least I know it doesn't have any openings under the Stowage Bin now & I managed to correctly reshape the rear lift hook while the bin was off. It's an old picture because there's nothing to see here?{thankfully}
Attachments
36064508_10216469237301839_6911422460319498240_n.jpg
36064508_10216469237301839_6911422460319498240_n.jpg (76.36 KiB) Viewed 3709 times
I am the Law!
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

I'd just like to say a big thank you to Sassgrunt for sending me the spare parts he had left from his build. Having had to strip my Tank down after the previous owner had glued it together meant that some of the parts were damaged. Those can now be replaced with shiney new parts sent by Sassgrunt making my build a lot easier. Thanks Mike.
I am the Law!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yes Mr Grunts gratuitous assistance spreads far and wide.
He is far to humble to allow the recognition he deserves to be heaped upon him.

I still can’t get my head around this thing not being grey !!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
Mike is the Guy!. No doubt. I would not have half of what I've built, built, if not for his help. Following along.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Larger Scale Military”