Adventures in 3d printing tyres

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
Springman65
Recruit

Re: Adventures in 3d printing tyres

Post by Springman65 »

Thanks Alwyn!

Springman
rochesb
Lance Corporal

Post by rochesb »

Springman65 wrote:Guys,

I am VERY excited! I just bought a CR-10S this weekend - should arrive next week.
Springman
May I ask where you purchased your CR-10S from?

Thanks

Brian
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Last Black Friday I bought one of these

https://www.lightinthebox.com/cr-10-3d- ... 1.18.104.0

I paid $330 USD and got free shipping, but like I said, it was Black Friday. I think $479 is still a fair price, and I absolutely love mine. With that said, I wouldn't like it half as much if not for guys like Wayne, Martin, Alwyn, Wibbs, etc, etc. This lightinthebox place has addresses in the US, UK, China and India and I didn't have any trouble at all. Took about three weeks from order to delivery. They can deliver faster if you pay extra.

Hope that helps.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Does anyone know the difference between the CR-10 and the CR10S, besides about a hundred smackers? I looked at the specs and the only difference that caught my eye was print speed, the more expensive machine being slower.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

The creality cr10 (various models) is available from amazon on short lead times, it's where I got mine.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
rochesb
Lance Corporal

Post by rochesb »

Max-U52 wrote:Does anyone know the difference between the CR-10 and the CR10S, besides about a hundred smackers? I looked at the specs and the only difference that caught my eye was print speed, the more expensive machine being slower.
I think the 'S' model has dual Z axis lead screws and a filament run-out detector and print-resume(after power failure), not sure if there is anything else
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So why does the 10 cost so much more than the 10S?
rochesb
Lance Corporal

Post by rochesb »

Max-U52 wrote:So why does the 10 cost so much more than the 10S?
The 'S' models are more expensive than the standard ones in the UK. I believe there are 3 sizes of build area for each version, making a total of 6 CR-10 models..... plus a CR-10 Mini
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

At lightinthebox the 10 is $479 and the 10S is $449.

https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php ... ord=cr-10s

It says $363 for the 10S but that's for a group buy. The buy alone price is $449.

See why I'm confused?
Springman65
Recruit

Post by Springman65 »

I decided to buy my CR-10S from HicTop on Ebay.

The CR-10S has everything the CR-10 does; plus dual Z axis screws, filament and power sensors. But, it also has a newer version of the control board - one in which you don't have to fool with adding a boot-loader to update the firmware. I feel all that is more than worth the extra cost.

There is also available:

CR-10S4 - build volume of approximately 15" x 15" x 16"

and

CR-10S5 - build volume of approximately 20" x 20" x 20" (MASSIVE!)

I would have LOVED to get the S4, but I just can't justify it for what I would be mostly trying to do, initially at least.....

PS - my CR-10S arrived this morning!

Springman

PPS - There are kits available to convert CR-10 into CR-10S

Return to “3D Printing”