Sabertooth motor Control Motors not moving

This forum relates to the Open Source Tank Control Board (TCB). Please read the sticky and visit the main site to find out all about the board and how to install it.
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Re: Sabertooth motor Control Motors not moving

Post by LukeZ »

Glad to hear it. I knew it would be something simple because you've had no problems with the hard stuff! :)

It's good also to see some users finally starting to review the product and install them in actual models. Now you have it working you can start playing with accel/decel constraints and the various turn modes. I predict you're going to want more switches on your transmitter before it's all said and done!
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

LukeZ wrote:Glad to hear it. I knew it would be something simple because you've had no problems with the hard stuff! :)

It's good also to see some users finally starting to review the product and install them in actual models. Now you have it working you can start playing with accel/decel constraints and the various turn modes. I predict you're going to want more switches on your transmitter before it's all said and done!
I agree Luke. I've already assigned all the auxiliary channels. The flexibility of the board is outstanding. Now I will dig into the driving functions and customize them. The boards are a great value.

The sabertooth 5x2 has been quiet (no whine) and responsive. Moves these Taigen steel gearboxes and metal tracks no problem.

Thanks Luke

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hey Carl,
Scout - Sabertooth... you did like me... that can be confused.
Nice that everything works now.
Playing with accel/decel constraints and turn modes need time and many test drive.
As an an example, the Aero Mate Panther II settings:
Attachments
Drive.jpg
Drive.jpg (85.95 KiB) Viewed 6146 times
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

jhamm wrote:Hey Carl,
Scout - Sabertooth... you did like me... that can be confused.
Nice that everything works now.
Playing with accel/decel constraints and turn modes need time and many test drive.
As an an example, the Aero Mate Panther II settings:
Jhamm I know such a silly mistake thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one.Image

Will start fine tuning Happy to have sorted it out.

As Luke said it must be something that I missed. Image
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I am still tempted and intrigued by this board.

How much are the sabretooth 2x5?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ad Lav wrote:I am still tempted and intrigued by this board.

How much are the sabretooth 2x5?
Relatively inexpensive for a serial motor control. About $50 US. Very quiet. You could choose to operate the drive motors differently but this is really an easy setup once you figure it out and very smooth operation and no esc whineImage
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I'm weighing up costs etc for the benedini/OP for the centurion. Lots of time but would rather use a spare elmod I have -.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ad Lav wrote:I'm weighing up costs etc for the benedini/OP for the centurion. Lots of time but would rather use a spare elmod I have -.
Well.... If I had a spare Elmod (or two) :crazy: just hanging around Image....

I'd fit it in a second, that being said much like those who haven't experienced Elmod fusion I'd say once all the bits and pieces needed to assemble the Open Panzer board are in your hands and running-

you'd be pleasantly surprised

I've dialed in the board with out any sounds yet it's very unique and impressive Adam.

Carl
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I've seen it up and running on a friend of mines Tamiya Porsche king tiger and it's very impressive to use benedini sounds. Simply brilliant sounds. That or Beier.

Elmod doesn't do centurion sounds and I have no idea how to install recorded sounds.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ad Lav wrote:I've seen it up and running on a friend of mines Tamiya Porsche king tiger and it's very impressive to use benedini sounds. Simply brilliant sounds. That or Beier.

Elmod doesn't do centurion sounds and I have no idea how to install recorded sounds.
I think Rad or Stian have some experience making sounds on Audacity from YouTube and other sources. I might try to do that myself Image

Return to “Open Panzer Tank Control Board”