Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Post by jhamm »

Hello Arjan,
it is customary here and it would also be very polite of you to introduce yourself first.
Arjan1970
Recruit

Post by Arjan1970 »

Hello Forum members,

My apoligise for not introducing myself :( i,m Arjan 52 years old from the Netherlands , I am into model rc planes since 2012 where I spend alot time in building but also flying the models.
Recently I finished a spitfire MXIV where I build in an electric powered motor, to make the plane more realistic I was building in the benedine micro with 2 x 40W Amplifier.
Only the problem is that the benedini sound is from a Cessna which is not what you want to hear from a spitfire where the beautifull merlin engine should sound.

Untill now i,m not able to connect the micro tbs with the Flas-TBS from Benedini , using the right version but does not come any further.

What i,m using is the PL2303HX Board instead of the FDTI board could this be the problem that the mdul does not answer ?

Else I need to find another board:( , might trying to buy the TBS mini if I can find .

Kind regards,
Arjan
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Hello, and welcome to this great forum :thumbup: for your worries, consult the Blog of "Rad" member of this forum, maybe you will find the solution there?
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/202 ... -tutorial/
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/201 ... bs-mini-v2
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/202 ... ini-v3-v4/
Rad, is one of the members of this forum, very competent on the different electronic cards :thumbup:
Kyoz84
Recruit

Post by Kyoz84 »

Arjan1970 wrote:Hello Forum members,

My apoligise for not introducing myself :( i,m Arjan 52 years old from the Netherlands , I am into model rc planes since 2012 where I spend alot time in building but also flying the models.
Recently I finished a spitfire MXIV where I build in an electric powered motor, to make the plane more realistic I was building in the benedine micro with 2 x 40W Amplifier.
Only the problem is that the benedini sound is from a Cessna which is not what you want to hear from a spitfire where the beautifull merlin engine should sound.

Untill now i,m not able to connect the micro tbs with the Flas-TBS from Benedini , using the right version but does not come any further.

What i,m using is the PL2303HX Board instead of the FDTI board could this be the problem that the mdul does not answer ?

Else I need to find another board:( , might trying to buy the TBS mini if I can find .

Kind regards,
Arjan
Hello sorry a little off subject. But what 40w board are you using with your benedini?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ankh
Recruit

Post by ankh »

Guys, need a bit of help.
I got several of these units: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100500 ... TJEiR1ViNG
I normally use the older version of Dasmikro and have no issues at all. This is the first time I got this DIY version.

I struggle teaching the controller so no sound is played.
Connections are fine, cables ok, sounds uploaded and can trigger them via the software, unit set to 2-key as I normally do (2 beeps when selecting mode). I tried it with two units (same results), two different controllers/receivers, when I just reconnected all to the older version of Dasmikro all worked fine.
After powering the led flashes quickly as it supposed to. when I long-press learn button LED doesn't go solid for teaching the throttle as it should. Instead short beep, LED flashes once, plays some short sound, flashes again with another sound (all takes about 1s), beeps one more time.
Any suggestions?

UPDATE: right I'm leaving that post for others as it may help someone. Nothing worked until I opened TBS Flash software, connected to Dasmikro, updated firmware from 2.08 to 2.08 (yes the same). Why? no idea but that sorted out the problem. All working fine.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

ankh wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:44 pm UPDATE: right I'm leaving that post for others as it may help someone. Nothing worked until I opened TBS Flash software, connected to Dasmikro, updated firmware from 2.08 to 2.08 (yes the same). Why? no idea but that sorted out the problem. All working fine.
I think the board work after update because some settings are reset to default.
ziddan
Recruit

Post by ziddan »

Got my v2 wired and set up according to the guide:
And:

The radio is a th9x modded to have throttle stick centering+the er9x firmware, it has a FrSky DJT module, receiver is a d4r-II set to PPM mode, shouldnt matter but mention it for sake of completeness.

Something which works:
Gear 2pos+Trainer momentary switches are mixed together in a channel as a 3 position.
Either gear pos+momentary pos1 sets the channel in position 2. This position has the MG stop function assigned.
Gear pos1+momentary pos2=channel pos3=fires the cannon, after the reload time has elapsed it will fire again if the the momentary is flicked again.
Gear pos2+momentary pos2=channel pos1=MG start.
Releasing the momentary sends it back to pos1, moving the channel to pos2 which stops the MG.
Snooping confirms and sounds play as expected.

Something which isnt working:
I have one of my switches set as follows, pos 1 engine off, pos2 engine on. Auto start is disabled. The switch needs to be in position 1 for the radio to turn on so the TCB will start with engine off.
When i hook the battery up to the Mega/baldrick TCB it runs the idle sound automatically, which isnt what i have intended.

Snooping the TCB tells that nothing happens when i give driving stick input without changing the switch.
Flipping the switch to pos2 runs the engine startup effect at the same time as the idle is also running and now i can see moving, turning, stopping when giving driving stick input, the engine sound revs as more input is given.
Flipping the switch back to pos1 plays the engine shutdown sound while the idle sound is running and the idle sound stays on, snooping shows there are no driving inputs being accepted and no revving happens.

Anyone know how i can correct the idle to not be on all the time?
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Not much time to read your question focused, but if you are using it in a tank I believe you should have to correct a couple of things.
I'd the following.
In Prop2 type fit 2nd gas
and in pos 1st coder 1, fit engine start.

All the tutorials I wrote at that time were for cars, trucks or planes with one motor, I never used the benedini boards in 2 motor vehicles till some days ago where I installed it in a 2 motors C-47, hence I never bothered it too much with it.

But also keep in mind I am writing about the use of a standalone board, so this might vary with the use of a TCB.

That permanent idling sound might be because of that. But yet again, megabusy now, children are driving me crazy.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
ziddan
Recruit

Post by ziddan »

Thanks ill give that a try :)

As for TCB/dual motor use, as i understand things it shouldnt matter, the TCB outputs the proper "rpm" through its prop1 channel to the sound uni, the sound unit only "sees" one motor spinning.

ADDITION: I figured it out, i put on a Pz3 sound pack and was constantly hearing the turret traverse sound instead.

I didnt realize that the soundpack i had on, the 38t was set up differntly, perhaps incorrectly for the prop sound number settings and that i had the trim off on my radio, it was functioning correctly already :P

So yeah, check your trims :)

Now i gotta see if i can sort out the pot on the turret traverse servo as i had put the trim in to counteract it drifting slightly, odd thing is that it stays still with a servo tester set to neutral but drifts when hooked to the TCB.
whitecitadel
Private

Post by whitecitadel »

I finally picked up one of these boards to play with, can anyone tell me what the name of the connector is for the programming connection?

I have a TTL USB lead (with genuine FTDI chip) I can use, but I need to order up eBay or Ali the little connector to attach it.

Return to “Other electronics”