T-34/76 Beutepanzer Rebuild

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: T-34/76 Beutepanzer Rebuild

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I applaud your spirit of adventure with the electronics, Carl. :thumbup: That's quite an atypical mix you're connecting there.. Many here, I'm sure (myself included) would head for the 'safer' options (IBU3, Clark TK60 etc.,) Then again, internal space is often the determining factor. Limited room does't seem to impact on your ability to cram things in :D
You're also breaking the usual mould, so to speak, in building rarer versions of tanks, such as the Panzer 38T, and now the T34/76 (relatively rare from an acquisition point of view). I like that.
Variety is the spice of life. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:I applaud your spirit of adventure with the electronics, Carl. Image That's quite an atypical mix you're connecting there.. Many here, I'm sure (myself included) would head for the 'safer' options (IBU3, Clark TK60 etc.,) Then again, internal space is often the determining factor. Limited room does't seem to impact on your ability to cram things in :D
You're also breaking the usual mould, so to speak, in building rarer versions of tanks, such as the Panzer 38T, and now the T34/76 (relatively rare from an acquisition point of view). I like that.
Variety is the spice of life. Image
Thank you very much Roy. I do like the strange and unusual ( kinda like me) Image Doing so much large scale electrical projects at work its nice to scale the electronics down to minimum and have fun making them come to life :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

So here she is.... A very big thank you to Stian for his assistance with my crazy electronic questions. For now I'm still learning the Open Panzer Program so I'm testing as I go.

Here is a T-34 engine start, restart and Tarr smoker

Cheers Image

https://youtu.be/zscroOuWIq8
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

c.rainford73 wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:I applaud your spirit of adventure with the electronics, Carl. Image That's quite an atypical mix you're connecting there.. Many here, I'm sure (myself included) would head for the 'safer' options (IBU3, Clark TK60 etc.,) Then again, internal space is often the determining factor. Limited room does't seem to impact on your ability to cram things in :D
Variety is the spice of life. Image
Thank you very much Roy. I do like the strange and unusual ( kinda like me) Image Doing so much large scale electrical projects at work its nice to scale the electronics down to minimum and have fun making them come to life :wave:
Hey Carl, really interested in your tcb setup, can you get a video demoing everything now it's hooked up? I've got most of the bits for my open Panzer setup. I've got a das mikro but am tempted to use a TBS mini
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi Tom I could do that. Mind you it's a bit congested inside as I await a smaller compact lipo from hobby King. It's best to set everything up outside the tank and then dry fit everything before its finalized. I'd say if you had a larger workspace like a panther or Tiger it would be easier to make it work.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

c.rainford73 wrote:Hi Tom I could do that. Mind you it's a bit congested inside as I await a smaller compact lipo from hobby King. It's best to set everything up outside the tank and then dry fit everything before its finalized. I'd say if you had a larger workspace like a panther or Tiger it would be easier to make it work.
One of my setups is bound for a Tamiya tiger so space shouldn't be an issue! Cheers for posting the YouTube clip
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

You are most welcome Tom!

Here's the innards. Maybe not as bad as I originally thought last night as I sipped on some adult beverages. Image

The sabertooth speed control is mounted in the front. TCB and benedini mini side by side. Witing to upper hull routed to lights, machine gun, servo recoil servo elevation and turret rotation motor plus flash.

Tarr smoker in rearImageImageImageImageImageImage
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

You've done well to fit everything in there, Carl. The Taigen speaker is a real life-saver (and space-saver!), I'm impressed with how good it sounds. It'll be good to see all the turret functions hooked up and working too. What else is left to do?
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

Wow Carl! That's superb! Maybe my next build will be much more a selection of parts rather than modifyi g the existing stuff. That's a beautiful piece of work.

Be Well,
Steve
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Raminator wrote:You've done well to fit everything in there, Carl. The Taigen speaker is a real life-saver (and space-saver!), I'm impressed with how good it sounds. It'll be good to see all the turret functions hooked up and working too. What else is left to do?
Yes I was quite surprised with the clarity and depth of the small speaker. Try as I might I could not shoehorn one of Stians beautiful speakers in there. So I'm very happy. Took a cue from your build ( stole it actually) and fitted my little red led light.

Hope Mr Painless is happy...Image

It really does add some bling to the rear end of these tanks :crazy:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Heng Long Builds”