HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

HL Truck Mods

Post by midlife306 »

No worries Gary, the only daft questions are the ones you don't askImage
You can pick up an Anet A8 like mine for really cheap nowadays, I want a Creality CR10 next though as they are a step up in quality.
Oh, looking for water/fuel tanks nowImage
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: HL Truck Mods

Post by Max-U52 »

I want to do at least one in a fairly stock configuration, 4x4 with stock tires and some kind of canvas top over the bed. I'll detail it as much as I can, with better tow hooks on the front, and I'm thinking about trying for a functional winch. We'll also go for tail lights and smoke, and of course sounds. Anyway, the point is I think I found a driver.

phpBB [video]

:wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Nice work GaryImage

I've just fitted my servo steering setup and did a little trick with some leftover aluminum airsoft tubing.

Cut two about 2mm apiece and fit them on the front hubs to remove the slack and side to side wiggle of the front tires.

Cheap and easy little fix. Added a small o ring to the large pitman swing arm servo attachment arm and no more sloppy front end!

CarlImageImageImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

That's the front part done, rear of the cabin tomorrow ImageImage
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Good job with the ss-100 body Wayne :thumbup: I imagine Max is going to be one happy camper with the finished product :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Carl I would love more detail of how you fitted the servo and any problems you had, as that's a job I will have to do when I get my truck and do my Matador conversion.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

If you check the video above, "SS100 gray wheels", and skip ahead to about 2:08 you'll see how I did mine. I used the stock post to attach to the servo arm, and just fastened the servo in place with a little super glue, but you could easily use servo tape.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks Max, that's a great help
Best regards
Alwyn

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

AlwynTurner wrote:Hi Carl I would love more detail of how you fitted the servo and any problems you had, as that's a job I will have to do when I get my truck and do my Matador conversion.

Alwyn Image :wave:
Hi there AlwynImageas Gary noted it's quite simple. I used the same method and just added some styrene material to make it more solid. It works wonderfullyImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks Carl, Ijust noticed looking at my earlier matador that the wheels/tyres on the HL truck are the same size as LEGO wheels
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Technic- ... xyMKNSKyyZ
I just need to design and print the wheels and use the tyres!
This might be a cheap solution for some of you needing extra wheels.
The printed wheel hubs might be about a week for me to get organised and I'll distribute the SCAD design so you can print your own (or get someone to print for you).
Alwyn

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”