Buildreport: Hobby Boss/Taigen Tiger I late

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Re: Tiger build planning

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

That putty looks like it works really well for the camo placement. The running gear weathering looks cool :thumbup:
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

My Hobby Time for today. Gloss coat cured 24h and adding decals.
Attachments
Turret decals.jpg
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

I didn´t stop but tried again. Now with the initial wash and some oil fading. All the decals are on as well. I went for the Hussar Decal set. It is fantastic, veeeery thin carrier film wiht 100% coverage even on darker paint. It is this set https://www.dersockelshop.de/tiger-i-mi ... 16002.html

As I won´t do too many other 1/16 Tigers, I might have some decals left that I would give away for a very reasonable price.
Attachments
WP_20180310_12_21_21_Pro.jpg
WP_20180310_12_20_45_Pro.jpg
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Decals and unit numbering really pop against the camo, looks really good :thumbup:
Great work :clap:
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Love the paint job. Decals look smart.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thank you guys. Yes, the decals added quite a lot and look really nice. After a bit of oilpaint drying it is nicely modulated already. Although I did a bit of brown and dust oil paint on the yellow strip already, I will have to tone it down a bit still.

Today I went ahead on the back plate and decided to use the Schumo C-Hook and starter crank rod. Although I have the Aber mounts ready, during handling this might get ugly. Already broke part of the jack mount. And the jack is a bit odd in size for these mounts. Had to cut one handle.

Towing hook added and I just see the back fender flaps cry for some wing nuts.
Attachments
Tiger back plate.jpg
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Only a minor update. I couldnt resist to get the Voyager PE side skirts. Onlöy drawback I now have to get another Zim kit as well and the Atak kit for Hobby Boss has split sides to do the ootb hull, when now the side skirts are added, there will be a gap. Maybe I get the Kit for Tamiya as well and use the remains for the static tank.
Attachments
Tiger side skirts.jpg
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Soeren wrote:Only a minor update. I couldnt resist to get the Voyager PE side skirts. Onlöy drawback I now have to get another Zim kit as well and the Atak kit for Hobby Boss has split sides to do the ootb hull, when now the side skirts are added, there will be a gap. Maybe I get the Kit for Tamiya as well and use the remains for the static tank.
The new PE side skirt addition adds some nice detail to the over all kit, and they are very easy to show wear from ruff service deployments :clap:
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

True, and I think these add a lot of realism at a reasonable price. :thumbup:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

As of now a small update after returning form holidays. The Tiger is base coated now and I realized that a few things need be done before adding the camo and some further details. One thing was adding wing nuts to the read fenders. Spares from my ABER PE set. Now that I found my way to fold these. Also started on rusting the exhaust. First go on the big and few more steps of washes and paint on the small one. I didnt bother to make the transition neat as it will have the shields on, so only a tiny bit will be visible at all in the end. A bit to reddish as now, we will see, a more brownish greyish appearance would be nice. Some more washes or pigments to come.

Then it was track time. Made the Takom Patton tracks and painted 3 sets of Tiger tracks. Also some work on the T55a track on one side, as per the manual, 92 links work well.
Attachments
WP_20180401_003.jpg
A weekend of tracks.jpg

Return to “Other Builds”