Buildreport: Hobby Boss/Taigen Tiger I late

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Tiger build planning

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Wow!!
That there has to be one of the busiest cam jobs ever !
Will be awesome once filtered and weathered .
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ditto what Herman said that is just fine work you have done there
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Hi there. Long time no read. Have been busy trying out some more 1:35th scale kits and products, now getting back to the Tigers. Testing the new lower hull weathering products.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren so good to see you back :wave: Was wondering where you were. Hope all is well. Image
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Sure is great to have you back in the game Mr Soeren..........dont you love pigments :thumbup: ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Cheers guys, I'm doing fine an try to get this build forward. I don't like the "engineering" part too much. That really put me of. The recoil is working, but I will skip the elevation for now. So to be able to carry on building.
And yes, I really like the weathering products that are available now. Went into this during my recent Chieftain build.
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Soeren wrote:Cheers guys, I'm doing fine an try to get this build forward. I don't like the "engineering" part too much. That really put me of. The recoil is working, but I will skip the elevation for now. So to be able to carry on building.
I find I have the opposite problem; I love the engineering side and don't much care for painting and weathering. I'll trade you, I'll build your tanks if you paint mine. ;)

You've got some real talent Soeren, that Chieftain looks spectacular. The colours, textures and effects are all spot-on. Well done!
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thx Raminator. Yeah, if we could do it that way, I would be really happy about it.

Getting started into doing the PE stuff and the moving parts is really giving me blockades.

Still, did work on the bak end of the big Tiger and dirt on the small Tiger.

Soeren

Post by Soeren »

You know the feeling of having fired the airbrush for a few hours with the feeling to not have progressed at all?
:crazy:
:wtf:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I really appreciate your systematic, trial and error approach; leaving almost no options unexplored. :thumbup: Eventually, you seem to hit on the right solution; and it's a good one. That Zimmerit, for example, is the best I've seen. That's not simply because it was applied perfectly, but also because most zimmerit packages look as if they're the wrong scale (patterns are one or two scales too large.). It's a bit like a boy trying on his Father's shoes. :think: Yours looks exactly the right size. :thumbup:
Still, a cursory scan of this thread is quite baffling, though. It seems as if your models are being attacked by chocolate serpents from outer space.. :O :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Other Builds”