Heng long based scratchbuilit 6x6 truck.

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Heng long 6x6 truck.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Thank you very much Max, your comments are very much appreciated sir, that rope of yours sure does look good :thumbup: I'm going to paint the crates along with the rest of the stowage when the truck is near completion, there's a couple of little details I need to do before priming it all ready for painting, I've got the material to make the canvas so hopefully I can crack on with that fairly soon :D

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I've also spent a bit of time making the cradle mount for the spare wheel, pig of a job to get it in the right position as it sits between the cab and the cargo bed with not a lot of room plus I needed to make it so the wheel can actually be removed from the cradle as it sits partially under the chassis so it needs to be able to unscrew if the cargo bed ever has to be removed Image

ImageLee. Image

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Super job Lee! Question about the wheels I see you've reatined the centers of the Heng Long wheel and used it over the center of the tank modellbau wheels like a hubcap. I will be doing the same thing. Is this the process you used? Or am I missing something.

Was this designed to keep the hex in the middle to slide through the replacement wheel and hold it on the hub?

Thank youImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Yes Carl your right on the mark :thumbup: I cut the hub out of the original truck rim keeping the hex sleeve attached to fit onto the shaft as intended, I drilled a 10mm hole through the centre of the replacement rim and pushed the hub and hex sleeve through the middle and glued in place, hope this helps :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Yes Carl your right on the mark Image I cut the hub out of the original truck rim keeping the hex sleeve attached to fit onto the shaft as intended, I drilled a 10mm hole through the centre of the replacement rim and pushed the hub and hex sleeve through the middle and glued in place, hope this helps Image

Cheers, Lee.
Perfect! Thanks a bunchImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Like this Mr Lee?

Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Spot on Carl :thumbup: what tyres and rims are you going to use ? Single or double rear wheels ? If you are using the same wheels that I have I will explain what I did to get them both to fit onto the original rear axel shaft :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes indeed Lee. No rush when you have time you can post some pictures or details. This is becoming a fun project now
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Morning all,

This morning I've completed the boards for the cargo bed, thank goodness for coffee stirrers Image I also made some bracket supports for the boards on the inside where the benches would normally drop down for seating, not working unfortunately so they're just there to add a bit of detail, couple of pics of it so far Image

Cheers, Lee. ImageImageImage

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

I love the bed. Great job Lee !

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”