heng long truck

Here vendors can post for free any newly released items they have for sale.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: heng long truck

Post by c.rainford73 »

Fantastic Lee! Looking good for sure
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Thanks Carl, there's going to be a lot of kit bashing going on in the near future I think :D these are great little trucks for modding, I'm sure you'll see a few at a battlefield near you soon :haha:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

As promised Max, a twin rear axel with duel wheels :D , I had a couple of hours this afternoon so i decided to have a crack at the wheels the centre caps need sanding down a bit to get them perfectly circular but all went well for its first test :thumbup: , I've fixed the extra section of chassis at the rear with plates and bolted it together. Tomorrow I'll do the front wheels and then hopefully I can start on making the cargo bed,

Cheers, Lee.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Great job Lee, Love it ! Can't wait to get my hands on them.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

OK, first, I hope Dave doesn't mind us turning his thread into a group build log. @) @) :/ :haha: :O

So where did you get the tires? It looks like you squeezed two tires onto one HL rim, is that right? It looks just great and I'm definitely gonna build one. I've got some ideas for my box that might turn out very well.

phpBB [video]

I wonder if those tires would fit the Highway 61 rims? If you'll share where you got them I'll order up a bunch right away. Might as well get 20 and build two trucks, eh? @) @)

That Supplex material works just great for canvass, and it should hang just right if I remove the panels in between the ribs on my cover frame. And with a covered box like that I'll be able to put in smoke and a better board and who knows what else?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

you go for it guys i love to see what can be done on the trucks
dave
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Yes apologies to Dave :{

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with your builds Michael :thumbup:

Max it did cross my mind to use the original rims with both tyres but they do not fit :thumbdown: I bought the tyres from tankmodellbau.de along with the rims, I then cut the centres out of the heng long rims and drilled a 10mm hole through the middle of the new rims for the hex sleeve to fit through so it retains its original fixing. There are 2 separate tyres and rims on each but they need to be that close together to fit onto the shaft, looking forward to seeing your builds Max :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks, Lee, I'll look into those tires. If you have a link it would be cool. :)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I just went on to their site Max, http://www.tank-modellbau.de, you are looking for their wheeled vehicles tyres and rims and you'll need the larger size, hope this helps :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Return to “Vendors NEW items”