HL M1A1 TUSK upgrade

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: HL M1A1 TUSK upgrade

Post by BarryC »

Here's a good picture.

Photo is from the Tankograd publication and are posted under the "Fair use Act" for instructional purposes only.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

Post by HammerWihoutASickle »

Out of curiosity, did you 3D print these? If you did, where'd you get the sizes and dimensions from?
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6
Heng Long Challenger 2 (credit to rctankmodified)

I ask too many questions.
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

BarryC wrote:Nexusys,

Here's the quick way. I have this set but will be build mine up using brass for the mounts. It is a nice set and gives you what you'll need. :thumbup:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/P3LQZ ... arketplace

I have not seen pictures of the M1A2 with the Counter Sniper - Anti Material Mount but that does not mean it doesn't exist. :think:

Barry
Oh WOW! Someone made it! Thanks for the info.

$58 + shipping for it. I guess i have no option. As you know i dont have tools to do it. :'(

BarryC wrote:Here's a good picture.

Photo is from the Tankograd publication and are posted under the "Fair use Act" for instructional purposes only.

Barry
I myself have a copy of M1A1 / M1A2 SEP Abrams TUSK by TANKOGRAD. And this is my only reference to customise my build. I must have missed this section :haha:

So they called it CS/AMM Mount. Cheers Barry for pointing out.

I'm flying out tomorrow back to Perth after working away for 9 days. I'm bringing back some parts that needs fixing and painting. I managed to build another part today for the accessories.

Stowage bag. I made it out of old Nokia C5 battery > Wrap it with thin foam > wrap with paper towel > and lastly plastic wrap.

Im interested to see the result after i paint them. Once painted, i will make straps for it. hahah :haha:

Dont waste your creativity :thumbup: Make use of it

Also bought this for AU$31.

Can't wait to get things together now!
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

HammerWihoutASickle wrote:Out of curiosity, did you 3D print these? If you did, where'd you get the sizes and dimensions from?

Hammer, i dont know who you are referring to. But if me, no i dont have ability to 3d print these.

Link that Barry attached for the machine gun is from a guy named "Junsang Park" who designed it and sells it. Hope this helps :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

You in the drilling business mate?
or Mining...............

Good to see you using your downtime to best advantage ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

HERMAN BIX wrote:You in the drilling business mate?
or Mining...............

Good to see you using your downtime to best advantage ;)

Ye, Iron Ore up in Newman WA. ;)

Lot of free time up here. I wish i can bring some paint up but because its flammable, im not allowed to. so all the paintwork will be done in Perth. :(
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

This week is my best week. Got most of the stuff sorted like how i wanted!

I have received my stowage bags etc from BNAmodel yesterday. Fast delivery! unbelievable! :thumbup:

its Resin made and came unpainted. The quality is top notch. I thought it'll be wonky or something. haha

I've also sorted these bits. Applied bit of putty to seal the seam for the jerry cans.

As you know i refurb the shield becuase i think its too tall.

Tell you what. Its not the best. But i tried. I added the bolts around the window plus the black rubber bits running along the edge of the shield.

Spray Painted, hand painted and weathered the stowage accessories.These are the things im going to take with me

Whilst taking photo of it, i met these guys doing patrol around the area. They inspected my workspace and theyre happy with it. They couldnt believe their eyes seeing my work! :crazy:

Note Chally 2 at the back. That's my next project.

I think this is it so far. Just gotta wait when i go back to work to get these stuff attached! :thumbup:
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

nexusys wrote:This week is my best week. Got most of the stuff sorted like how i wanted!

I have received my stowage bags etc from BNAmodel yesterday. Fast delivery! unbelievable! :thumbup:

its Resin made and came unpainted. The quality is top notch. I thought it'll be wonky or something. haha

I've also sorted these bits. Applied bit of putty to seal the seam for the jerry cans.

As you know i refurb the shield becuase i think its too tall.

Tell you what. Its not the best. But i tried. I added the bolts around the window plus the black rubber bits running along the edge of the shield.

Spray Painted, hand painted and weathered the stowage accessories.These are the things im going to take with me

Whilst taking photo of it, i met these guys doing patrol around the area. They inspected my workspace and theyre happy with it. They couldnt believe their eyes seeing my work! :crazy:

Note Chally 2 at the back. That's my next project.

I think this is it so far. Just gotta wait when i go back to work to get these stuff attached! :thumbup:
That.Is.Beautiful.

I've found some guys in Thailand who modded a Leo 2 with the Abrams' TUSK equivalent.
Here's a link if you're interested:

How they managed to get parts 3D printed, I do not know.
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6

nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

HammerWihoutASickle wrote:
That.Is.Beautiful.

I've found some guys in Thailand who modded a Leo 2 with the Abrams' TUSK equivalent.
Here's a link if you're interested:

How they managed to get parts 3D printed, I do not know.

Hey Hammer,

Thank you for the compliment. :thumbup:

Yep i seen his work before. He take orders from customers around the world, custom build it and ship em.

Most of the stuff he got are from DKLM website.

The 3d KIT for Leo 2 A7 can be found here: http://www.dklmrc.com/VIII_Add_on_Kits/ ... 93717.aspx

There are other kits too. I'm planning to get Challenger 2 kit for my next project. 8)
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

I actually ordered a CHOBAM Challenger 2 from him. Waiting for the deadline. The dude is pretty chill - his name is Taksin. He gave me some pointers on soldering electronics, converting connector pins, and cable management for future reference. Getting to understand what he was trying to say on the other hand, was a little difficult.
Thanks for the link to the DKLM website, it could help with some aesthetics I want to make later.
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6

Return to “Modern Builds”