HL M1A1 TUSK upgrade

nexusys
Lance Corporal

Re: HL M1A1 TUSK upgrade

Post by nexusys »

Thanks Barry,

Continuing.. Done both end bit. Not that difficult. Just need to get the right measurement.

Next im going to work on the retainers to hold the tiles. I did some to see whether the size is right for it.

But i think its too big and chunky. Need downsizing :'(

Though i did designed it in 3d hoping to get it printed. Unfortunately, it was too small for the nozzle to print the size i wanted. Alternatively i can pay top dollar to get someone to print. I would avoid that. hahah im not that rich

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Nexus,

I found in my research that the front and read "fenders" are the same as well as left to right no different.

Here's a couple of nice pics of the Tile "retainer/lock". May be helpful in you design effort.

Barry

"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

BarryC wrote:Nexus,

I found in my research that the front and read "fenders" are the same as well as left to right no different.

Here's a couple of nice pics of the Tile "retainer/lock". May be helpful in you design effort.

Barry
Thanks Barry. Good source!

Unfortunately i cant get it 3d Printed due to thick nozzle size. The parts are too small to print. I went for self made parts.

Lack of equipment to build one, i did the below instead.

I also done up a bustle rack extension for it too

Finish product. There are too many colour variations out there. Some just black, and some sand colour, and also green. I decided to go green instead

Sorry guys, i've been busy with other things. I work away from home, so there. I'll try update as much as i can. 8)
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very very nice work
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Excellent work up of a prominent detail mate, ready for a "Clampet's Load" of stowage I assume !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Nice work on the Bustle Extension!

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

c.rainford73 wrote:Very very nice workImage
Thanks Rainford!

HERMAN BIX wrote:Excellent work up of a prominent detail mate, ready for a "Clampet's Load" of stowage I assume !!
Cheers Herman! I tried. Not as detail as Barry's work tho. :D
Speaking of stowage, i've been searching online to see what's out there. Couldnt find much of modern bags etc.. most i found are for the WW2 stuff. I've been fiddling around with MRE box size to fit 120MM scale. See how many i've done haha :D Those are not the right colour. I have the actual box colour paper to use once i get the right size. So which one do you think is the correct size?

(just because i have access to work printer in the office, take this advantage to get it all sorted while i can) ;)

BarryC wrote:Nice work on the Bustle Extension!

Barry
Cheers Barry! i dont know how many layer of glue i applied to get it all secured. You won't see much once i applied layers of paint on it. :thumbup:

Dog house bit! (apologies for the blurrynesssss)

Prime Portal source:

My Prime portal version :D

Some people done it differently. Some uses old camera film and layer it with Confetti reflection

This one is interesting, I drilled in 2 holes, and cut the window bits, layer a clear plastics at the back, and another layer of the lens. What did i use for the lens? Compact Disc! cut cut chop chop to the right size. The result is amazing! ;D
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

Next, i added a missing part of the window protection

I sometime can be inpatient haha. So i started painting the parts. Im all over the shop :haha:

1 with weathering and 1 without. Just to test and see. I plan to apply a bit more weather contrast on it.

Also put together this bit. no idea what you call this.

I realised i painted the machine gun all black. WRONG! there supposed to be sand colour on the machine gun mount. Gonna fix this soon

I bought myself a sets of metal sprocket wheels. The henglong version one is inaccurate. It doesnt comes with the sprocket rings around it.

I layer it with black primer and spray it using Tamiya Nato green. The colour stands out more i reckon.
I also applied oil colour 'lamp black' paint and dilute it with Thinner washers to paint the wheel's bolts seam and gaps

See the difference? what a rip off

Next, im going to start putting all together. and apply some weathering
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

The armor around the commander's copula turned out awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major