HL M1A1 TUSK upgrade

nexusys
Lance Corporal

Re: HL M1A1 TUSK upgrade

Post by nexusys »

c.rainford73 wrote:Really well done ImageI see you are quite crafty and skilled yourself!

aaahhhhhh SHHHHH Carl, :{ :{ :{ haha

i dont think im at that level yet. Its long way to go before i can have the patience for intricate work.

Thanks for the compliment. :D
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

Could anyone please help me find this part reference for me?

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

It is an Armored Cover for the electrical penetration. The older style are rounded (pic 1 & 2) but it appears that a newer larger style was need to accommodate the wiring for the Blue Force, GPS, Mantel mounted 50cal and the Smoke/Grenade Launchers. :thumbup:

Newer type
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

Thanks Barry,

Yep HL design comes with the rounded version of the photo you attached.

I also have the same photo reference of the last photo. And thats about it. I couldnt find the top view to see its been designed and connect to the cover.

And i also have issues to build the cover near the turret hinge because HL turret moves the whole thing up! >:< and not relying on those hinges!

Do you have any plan on how you going to be doing on yours Barry? tips perhaps?

I didnt see this coming
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

I got stuck here.

:thumbdown: :'(
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Nexusys,

I first moved the pivot point and then separated and drilled out the hinges so that they are functional. See the 2nd page of my build and it shows both.

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

BarryC wrote:Nexusys,

I first moved the pivot point and then separated and drilled out the hinges so that they are functional. See the 2nd page of my build and it shows both.

Barry
Hey Barry, Thank you.

Question, what tool did you use to cut such a fine parts?

Also, looking at your photo, note the arrow i pointed the movement of the turret casing? Thats what my problem is.

Going back to my issue, does this means, if i do up a hinge on armor cover, will it move back and forth as shown below (red Arrows)

nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

Yep, it moves apparently. Based on Meng 1/35 Pomotional video

Mark 2:08

phpBB [video]
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

nexusys wrote:
BarryC wrote:Nexusys,

Barry
Hey Barry, Thank you.

Question, what tool did you use to cut such a fine parts?

Also, looking at your photo, note the arrow i pointed the movement of the turret casing? Thats what my problem is.

Going back to my issue, does this means, if i do up a hinge on armor cover, will it move back and forth as shown below (red Arrows)

Nexusys,

I used a #11 model knife blade #80 drill bit and lots of care and patience to score plastic and separate. I drilled between the individual hinge points #80 as it was impossible to get the knife blade in without destroying the hinges.

I may yet go back and change hinges to brass but they will have to be made from scratch unless I can find some very small hinge points.

Yes the plate will/does move back and forth. Photos show how the plate moves back and forth.

Here is a good photo of the actual setup.

Hope this helps,
Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

BarryC wrote:
Nexusys,

I used a #11 model knife blade #80 drill bit and lots of care and patience to score plastic and separate. I drilled between the individual hinge points #80 as it was impossible to get the knife blade in without destroying the hinges.

I may yet go back and change hinges to brass but they will have to be made from scratch unless I can find some very small hinge points.

Yes the plate will/does move back and forth. Photos show how the plate moves back and forth.

Here is a good photo of the actual setup.

Hope this helps,
Barry
Thanks Barry, now i can see the sense of it. Thanks for clearing this up. Doing my head in haha :haha:

Return to “Modern Builds”