M-3 Lee Kit

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Re: M-3 Lee Kit

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Hi carl, with each update of your work the M3 reaches another level of excellence, super job. :thumbup:

regards john. :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

nexusys wrote:Hey Carl,

It looks amazing now with all the accessories added to it.Youre getting there! Image

I like the details on the antenna. Is it from Mato as well?
I purchased from Dave. I think it's from Mk modellbau in GermanyImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren wrote:Wow, the solid brown bars in the rivet section were okayish. But now, with some more color modulation and the streaking it looks perfect. Image
Thank you very much Mr Soeren!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:Hi carl, with each update of your work the M3 reaches another level of excellence, super job. Image

regards john. :wave:
John much appreciated

Thank you for looking in!
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Very impressive kit and I love your paint work!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

SovereignZuul wrote:Very impressive kit and I love your paint work!
Thank you very muchImage
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Loving it, Carl. I'm not normally a fan of beutepanzers, but the colour combination of field grey with rust patches and wooden and rusted tools is really something special. Another one to be proud of, certainly!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks so much for the kind words. Planning on getting it outside for some better photos.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I know it's been some time since I visited this particular piece so I will update my progress.

I've been working behind the scenes with my friend Mr Maxmekker to get all the electronics sorted for the tank.

With the holidays here it's been a struggle to find time to get things done, but I have finally setup some bits. The Clark Tk-24 Sbus is a fantastic piece that works most excellent with the flysky I6S. All the controls are operated by dials and switches. ImageIt has the proper radial engine sounds and they are incredibly clear and realistic. Mated to Stians custom speaker and enclosure.

I rebuilt the interior hull with styrene sheets to make a very strong and clean place to mount all the electronics. The 10k pententiometer works very nice with a simple wire swap. I added a piece of styrene to guard the Clark board from gearbox grease and grime.

The on/off switch is mounted on a bracket along the hull side, and is accessible from the side hull door that I hinged for easy access.

I replaced the stock Mato metal led bulbs with some yellowish color leds instead of the bright white bulbs.

More photos and some video to follow soonImage

CarlImageImageImageImageImageImage
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!,
Thanks for the update. It's a great way to wrap up a year ( sure beats politics ) Your attention to detail and spatial relations for the electronics is a real crowd pleaser. Stian has been teasing me to try the SBUS setup and I probably will. I love the new FlySky as well and want to get full use out of it.
Happy New Years,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Heng Long Builds”