KING TIGER 211,506 S.PZ.ABT,GERONSWEILER,DEC '44

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: KING TIGER 211,506 S.PZ.ABT,GERONSWEILER,DEC '44

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
This tank is a Beauty. Do not sell it, rather stretch yourself and do a couple of repairs to the Torsion Bar setup. You'll be kicking yourself later if you let this one get away.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Herman she's a beauty. I know all to well about the dreaded sale.... sometimes I've moved the unmovable :crazy: Its really a museum quality piece and hang onto it if at all possible.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

That's an eye-catching metamorphosis, HB, :) and a learning curve for the rest of us. :thumbup:
There's educational value in the detail :clap:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Calling for wecohe suspension. Looks like this is the best option at the moment.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

With a combed suspension, what I would do is to take the suspension arm away, and to invert the position of the torsion bar. If it is bent to one side, I´d flip it to the other side, and done.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:With a combed suspension, what I would do is to take the suspension arm away, and to invert the position of the torsion bar. If it is bent to one side, I´d flip it to the other side, and done.
Gday Mr Rad, I just re read your idea. Once I get a chance to try it, I certainly will.
I have a set of new blades, but unless I can get the old ones out, I’m in the saggy old poo do to speak!
There is a lot of slop in the suspension set up that I can only assume has got worse over time before I got it.
The liberal use of loctite on every screw and fastener will for sure make a simple job impossible!! :crazy:
Appreciate the idea mate, it’s all good info
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
Rad_Schuhart wrote:With a combed suspension, what I would do is to take the suspension arm away, and to invert the position of the torsion bar. If it is bent to one side, I´d flip it to the other side, and done.
Gday Mr Rad, I just re read your idea. Once I get a chance to try it, I certainly will.
I have a set of new blades, but unless I can get the old ones out, I’m in the saggy old poo do to speak!
There is a lot of slop in the suspension set up that I can only assume has got worse over time before I got it.
The liberal use of loctite on every screw and fastener will for sure make a simple job impossible!! :crazy:
Appreciate the idea mate, it’s all good info
Glad it helped. But anyway, removing the suspension arms should not be a problem, even when you cannot remove the wheels because the loctite. Take a quick look at the manual, just twist the suspension arm a bit, and pull it off. It should come out easily. Then just invert the position of the blade.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Had a lot of working away interfere with the suspension fix on this, plus I have some things to do for others , but a quick go at removing an arm proved impossible due to the road wheels being stuck in place.
Any other ideas gratefuly acceoted !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Had a lot of working away interfere with the suspension fix on this, plus I have some things to do for others , but a quick go at removing an arm proved impossible due to the road wheels being stuck in place.
Any other ideas gratefuly acceoted !
You dont have to take any wheel out... You only have to push the will down until is perpendicular with the tank, and then pull the wheel + suspension arm together away.
Last edited by Rad_Schuhart on Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks, will try again today
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Tamiya Builds”