Heng long truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Heng long truck

Post by Max-U52 »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:https://m.banggood.com/WPL-WPLB-1-116-2 ... mywishlist

35 bucks here, and maybe free shipping.

Also new photos too :)
Out of stock for another 10 days. I'll be interested to see if the price stays the same when they get them in stock.

The new photos are very, very interesting. This thing can be modded til the cows come home. 14cm wide, eh? Let me go measure some stuff. I just wish they'd get proper rubber.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

What's not proper rubber?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:https://m.banggood.com/WPL-WPLB-1-116-2 ... mywishlist

35 bucks here, and maybe free shipping.

Also new photos too :)
Thanks Rad great pictures looks like an aluminum or metal frame?
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

tomhugill wrote:What's not proper rubber?
The tires. Or is it tyres? @) @)

I've yet to see a decent combat tread for our scale. Like this

When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

I don't know man, still looks damn good to me. Up until this point its been the "Raider's of Lost Ark" plastic trucks as supply vehicle, this thing is 4x4 with transfer case and a metal frame, servo steering. Rigid axle suspension, but hey my old Firebird used to have that too.

Don't care if there is no sound or proper tires. As long as it runs I will be a happy camper. And $60CAD ? Hell yeah !
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

$35? Oh I'm just gonna order one at that price! :thumbup: I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that site.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

It looks good enough that I bought one, wrong tires or not. @)

Kind of a bonus, actually, a new truck and I still have something to complain about. :haha:

It was the photo of the frame that convinced me. The possibilities for other projects are endless. I'm thinking Hannomag SS100.

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

jackalope wrote:$35? Oh I'm just gonna order one at that price! :thumbup: I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that site.
I hope they stay that cheap when they get stock. The one from Andrew is costing me more than twice that much.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

That's quite a nice truck, but of course we all want a deuce and a half. If HL get their act together a 6x6 truck would be good to have in 1/16. At £70 I wouldn't hold out hopes of rugged components. There is no such thing as a free lunch, and with the real deal RC trucks costing £300-£1000 this one is likely to suffer weak gearboxes, driveshafts, suspension etc. If they are proprietary parts then upgrades are going to be well nigh impossible. As with tanks, it is very easy to spend so much on the upgrades that the cost triples.

I hope they develop the models though, it opens a whole world of possibilities.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Wibbly I don't think I am alone in planning to take the body off and seeing what I can do with the Chassis with a view to extending it to include a third axle,
After that I will look further forward to what would work best always considering what is available of course,
I foresee a lot of scratch building ahead :haha: :haha:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”