IBU2u FO sound problem

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Death Head
Lance Corporal

IBU2u FO sound problem

Post by Death Head »

I'm having trouble getting slider 1&2 to work with these sound files, 3&4 work fine and I'm sure I've copied the names correctly from the tank sound file, can anyone see what the issue is??

Cheers

Panther F, IBU2u
Death Head
Lance Corporal

Re: IBU2u FO sound problem

Post by Death Head »

Sorted, changing the name from German to Ger i.e.

German_radio_1 to Ger_radio_1
Panther F, IBU2u
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Death Head wrote:Sorted, changing the name from German to Ger i.e.

German_radio_1 to Ger_radio_1
Cool thanks for the information so we know what to do if any of us run into this
Tanks alot.... :wave:
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

This is a wild ass guess, but IBU2 has a filename limit of 8 characters. Even though German_radio_1 and German_voice_1 has the the 8th character being different, the OS needs to shorten the file to something like German_* in both cases. So after system truncation, both German_radio_1 and German_voice_1 becomes German_* and hence the confusion.

Just a guess, Ian and Ivano would know better.
Death Head
Lance Corporal

Post by Death Head »

Ian told me to do it, all he said was the file name was too long and to abbreviate it to "Ger"
Panther F, IBU2u
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

MichaelC wrote:This is a wild ass guess, but IBU2 has a filename limit of 8 characters. Even though German_radio_1 and German_voice_1 has the the 8th character being different, the OS needs to shorten the file to something like German_* in both cases. So after system truncation, both German_radio_1 and German_voice_1 becomes German_* and hence the confusion.

lol I had to ask as I wasn't certain.

IBU2u have 16 characters limit, but I didn't realise that include the .wav so for clarity it's 12 characters then .wav for IBU2u.

I have now renamed all the sound files (what I know was wrong) so new outgoing units will be correct. Also Death Head has identified a few other errors so I need to do a full review, check, change so bear with me, I will get there!

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Death Head
Lance Corporal

Post by Death Head »

All 4 user sounds are working perfect now

https://youtu.be/ZlepJnUGu48
Panther F, IBU2u
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Really well done in every way! Sounds are incredibly clear and the smoke and recoil are dialed in perfectly!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
zippersnapper
Recruit

Post by zippersnapper »

Tankbear wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:21 pm
MichaelC wrote:This is a wild ass guess, but IBU2 has a filename limit of 8 characters. Even though German_radio_1 and German_voice_1 has the the 8th character being different, the OS needs to shorten the file to something like German_* in both cases. So after system truncation, both German_radio_1 and German_voice_1 becomes German_* and hence the confusion.

lol I had to ask as I wasn't certain.

IBU2u have 16 characters limit, but I didn't realise that include the .wav so for clarity it's 12 characters then .wav for IBU2u.

I have now renamed all the sound files (what I know was wrong) so new outgoing units will be correct. Also Death Head has identified a few other errors so I need to do a full review, check, change so bear with me, I will get there!

Ian

I have a situation where ONLY slider_2 works. I have checked for file names, all fall within guidlines. Sound files are 16 bit @2250-again, per spec. SD card is the fastest sandisk they sell, and formated Fat 16-per spec. Once again, I get no random play, and ONLY Slider_2 will play the sound I have chosen for that slot. I mught add these are not custom made sound files, but rather the stock ones that came on the SD card. My Board is the latest IBU2 Ultimate. Any Ideas ?

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”