• Advertisement
Ludwigs

Tamiya M1A2 Pre-order

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.

Postby Eastern Front » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi guys,

Here is a link to pre-order the M1A2 Abrams at a substantial discount!!! BIG discount!

http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com/ProductDe ... 1-PREORDER

Everyone knows that Danville Tank museum is a great business, and they offer great discounts on RC tanks!

Cheers!!!
User avatar
Eastern Front
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:39 am
Location: Sumter SC

Postby Ad Lav » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Doesn't help us over the pond - postage and customs will make it $1200 +
User avatar
Ad Lav
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2488
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:44 pm
Location: Kent

Postby Eastern Front » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Ad Lav wrote:Doesn't help us over the pond - postage and customs will make it $1200 +


Yeah, I know,,,but maybe it might be a little cheaper in the long run,,,if you can save $100, its worth it :D

Cheers!
User avatar
Eastern Front
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:39 am
Location: Sumter SC

Postby Ad Lav » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Awaiting Axels for his pricing :)
User avatar
Ad Lav
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2488
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:44 pm
Location: Kent

Postby c.rainford73 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Yes this is on my list they have been my Tamiya tanks source.
User avatar
c.rainford73
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2497
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:34 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Postby Tread Flintstone » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:46 pm

Pardon my true ignorance... :eh:

Why would I order this kit when I can get a Heng Long RTR tank for $119 shipped and it shoots BB's?

Is the Tamiya truly that much better?

So far I have 3 HL tanks and am impressed.

I don't mean to offend anyone ...especially Tamiya fans....I am just clueless as to the differences in quality. ??? (I'm still learning..)
User avatar
Tread Flintstone
Private
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:56 am

Postby Ad Lav » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:07 pm

Would suggest you buy one and find out ;)
User avatar
Ad Lav
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2488
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:44 pm
Location: Kent

Postby Rad_Schuhart » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:35 pm

Tread Flintstone wrote:Pardon my true ignorance... :eh:

Why would I order this kit when I can get a Heng Long RTR tank for $119 shipped and it shoots BB's?

Is the Tamiya truly that much better?

So far I have 3 HL tanks and am impressed.

I don't mean to offend anyone ...especially Tamiya fans....I am just clueless as to the differences in quality. ??? (I'm still learning..)


For me the best part of the tamiya tanks is that you need to build them. I really love doing it, but they usually lack a lot of very basic detail (like opening hatches) that I add myself. Also some kits needs some upgrades too. But yep, basically, you need to join all the bits together.

Tamiya kits used to come with great electronics (a decade ago) but now in my opinion are absolutelly outdated and the kits are way way overpriced.

For the tamiya fans I must say I have two tamiya tanks and I know what I am talking about, lol.
User avatar
Rad_Schuhart
Sergeant
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Spanish living in Graz, Austria. Heart in UK.

Postby c.rainford73 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Yes Rad my Tamiya panther is in a whole other stratosphere
User avatar
c.rainford73
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2497
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:34 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Postby Eastern Front » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:53 am

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
Tread Flintstone wrote:Pardon my true ignorance... :eh:

Why would I order this kit when I can get a Heng Long RTR tank for $119 shipped and it shoots BB's?

Is the Tamiya truly that much better?

So far I have 3 HL tanks and am impressed.

I don't mean to offend anyone ...especially Tamiya fans....I am just clueless as to the differences in quality. ??? (I'm still learning..)


For me the best part of the tamiya tanks is that you need to build them. I really love doing it, but they usually lack a lot of very basic detail (like opening hatches) that I add myself. Also some kits needs some upgrades too. But yep, basically, you need to join all the bits together.

Tamiya kits used to come with great electronics (a decade ago) but now in my opinion are absolutelly outdated and the kits are way way overpriced.

For the tamiya fans I must say I have two tamiya tanks and I know what I am talking about, lol.


Ok, Pardon my ignorance, but what Tamiya model are you talking about? All my Tamiya"s have hatches that are not "molded" into the body, can be made to open and close quite easily.. Tamiya tanks have great detail, much more detail out of the gate than the Henglongs etc etc. I know what I am talking about since I personally own over 15 assembled last count, not counting the ones waiting in the cue....
User avatar
Eastern Front
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:39 am
Location: Sumter SC

Postby Tread Flintstone » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:34 am

So does Tamiya carry different levels of kits as far as features then?

So the kits don't include the motors?
User avatar
Tread Flintstone
Private
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:56 am

Postby Rad_Schuhart » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:30 am

Eastern Front wrote:
Rad_Schuhart wrote:
Tread Flintstone wrote:Pardon my true ignorance... :eh:

Why would I order this kit when I can get a Heng Long RTR tank for $119 shipped and it shoots BB's?

Is the Tamiya truly that much better?

So far I have 3 HL tanks and am impressed.

I don't mean to offend anyone ...especially Tamiya fans....I am just clueless as to the differences in quality. ??? (I'm still learning..)


For me the best part of the tamiya tanks is that you need to build them. I really love doing it, but they usually lack a lot of very basic detail (like opening hatches) that I add myself. Also some kits needs some upgrades too. But yep, basically, you need to join all the bits together.

Tamiya kits used to come with great electronics (a decade ago) but now in my opinion are absolutelly outdated and the kits are way way overpriced.

For the tamiya fans I must say I have two tamiya tanks and I know what I am talking about, lol.


Ok, Pardon my ignorance, but what Tamiya model are you talking about? All my Tamiya"s have hatches that are not "molded" into the body, can be made to open and close quite easily.. Tamiya tanks have great detail, much more detail out of the gate than the Henglongs etc etc. I know what I am talking about since I personally own over 15 assembled last count, not counting the ones waiting in the cue....



Hi mate. I dont want to star another looooooooong Tamiya VS all battle... I have a Sherman and a King Tiger.

In the Sherman: The driver, machine gunner and motor hatches are moulded shut, no way to oppen them without surgery. The tank commander hatch is suposed to be glued in open or in closed position (no hinge there, so another surgery) the only hatch that opens and closes is the gun loader one.

In my king tiger, even worst. Driver and loader are closed, gun loader is suposed to be glued shut or start making surgery to intall hinges, tank commander hatch again suposed to be opened or closed due to, again, it comes with nothing to put movement on it so you need to think how to mod it (Usually drill a couple of holes and installing a bolt with a spring and a nut). Oh, I also forgot the massive rear turret hatch.,, Yep, that one is closed too.

About the detail, no, at least my kits and most of the ones I have seen have next to nothing detail. My kits are using the same molds since 1975, so as you can imagine there is a lot of space for improving. I've seen tons of 1:35 scale kits with way way more detail on them.

About the problems like faulting rotating units, broken elevation arms, horrible designed tracks (king tiger, the sherman tracks are fine), lack of functions like no barrel recoils or not even lights we can talk another day.

Some people (not talking about you, Eastern) are blind just because it says "tamiya" or because they paid a lot of dought for a model, but the things are like this... At least with the 2ww kits, It seems the leopard 2 its a great tank, but I have not even seen one it in real life.


Also please note that I am not saying Heng Long is better, just saying what I have seen in the tamiya tanks.
User avatar
Rad_Schuhart
Sergeant
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Spanish living in Graz, Austria. Heart in UK.

Postby tomhugill » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:35 am

As rad has said he owns the two tamiya tanks with the oldest tooling, as such the poorest detail. However the more recent ones are much better. The Pershing has all opening hatches, and the.details are great. So it's not as cut and dried as it seems. Also I think you're in the UK? That does mean you can find very cheap tamiya tanks on eBay some times less than Heng long prices. (If I'm mistaken I apologise!)

Electronics wise the older tamiya sounds are vastly superior to Heng long but aren't a patch on say an elmod or Clark tk60 sounds. However! For me.they still have the best driving characteristics , smoothest low speed and they're simple to use and aside from a short calibration don't need setting up. They're also the most reliable for battling iny experience (which is why a lot of the hardcore battlers in the USA still like them).

Tamiyas also cover models which Heng long don't, the newer ones have photo etch details included or similar level.of.detail, also.the engineerings far better, with metal where needed like suspension arms, lower hulls sprockets, idlers, etc they tend to run very well out the box (although the king tiger is an exception to this and need some mods).

tomhugill
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:21 am

Postby HvyCgn9 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:10 pm

I will be interested to see some good pics when someone gets one of these!! 8) 8)

I'd like one but I can't buy squat till a huge pile of bills gets paid off..... :-< :-<

Bruce
User avatar
HvyCgn9
Private
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 10:23 am


Return to Hobby News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest