Need Help for a Friend Who Cannot Get Registered

Do you need help with or have an issue with the RC Tank Warfare website, post here!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Need Help for a Friend Who Cannot Get Registered

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Has Mr wibblywobbly been made aware of this?

Mick.
There is a thread in the MOD's section now. WW usually get notifications of those, but just in case, I am sending him a prompt.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Ok, well Tread Flinstone was registered as a member on 2 August, so he is already here. I have activated his membership manually, and can confirm that his email is as he intended.

He should be good to go, the only possibility apart from spam filters is that the site has been recorded as a blocked email address in his email administration. Spartantracks had a similar problem last week, but he got it sorted in the end.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Oxotnik
Recruit

Post by Oxotnik »

Thank you, WW! I'll pass the info along to Tread.

Thanks for the help!
Chuck
Tread Flintstone
Private

Post by Tread Flintstone »

Well I finally made it! YAY!! That sure was easy... 8O

Thanks to all who made the effort to fix the issue!!! :clap:

if I could just ask a favor to WibblyWobbly, is to remove my email address from your post. Even though there are asterisks in part, I would still rather it not be posted in any way.

What was most frustrating about trying to resolve the issue, is the Catch 22 of not having any moderator email address to contact to try to resolve the issue. So If not a member, there's no way to post anyone's problem with joining....

So maybe there are many more people who tried to join who had no way of contacting a mod?

there should be maybe one public message board email address that any mod can access ...but of course not any one of their personal email addresses.....for anyone who is having trouble joining...and can't contact any other way....just not mine...lol.

If it wasn't for Oxotnik being able to PM a mod, I would have had no way to contact anyone here to discuss my issue joining up.

Thanks Ox!! :thumbup:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Glad to see that you made it here, and apologies for the delay in getting you activated. I have been up to my eyeballs in a tank build today, so missed all of the messages.

Your idea about having a public email address would be good, if it were not for the internet bots that go around hoovering up anything they see, and adding it to every Russian dating site known to man or beast (I have nothing against blonde, Russian 18 year olds - but if they don't know how to fix a tank that throws its tracks she is of no use to me! :D )

I'll delete your coded one above, no problem. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Tread Flintstone
Private

Thanks Wibbly! maybe my email blocked your email due to being overseas? I think Europe has much more enthusiasm for tanks than in the US. Your's seems to be the best site to celebrate RC tanks. Glad I was able to make it!

I understand about safeguarding email against hackers and bots....it's a sad world where technology is used to be so invasive for some.....That's why I never enable my Smart TV...I don't need my appliances eavesdropping on my life....lol

When I get more time, I'll explore this site more and post pics of my tank models, dioramas, and RC tanks....so far I have 2 Heng Longs with a 3rd arriving today. I have about 60 RC planes, so tanks are a nice diversion....love the fact that they shoot!!!

Anyway...Thanks again for sorting it all out...much appreciated and will be a positive contributor! Ox is good people too! I'm also letting some more tank enthusiasts from out RCgroupd message board know about this site....I really like what I have seen so far here!
Oxotnik
Recruit

Post by Oxotnik »

Tread! You made it. Finally!!

We may have to start our own RC airplane thread... :-D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Tread Flintstone wrote:Thanks Wibbly! maybe my email blocked your email due to being overseas? I think Europe has much more enthusiasm for tanks than in the US. Your's seems to be the best site to celebrate RC tanks. Glad I was able to make it!

I understand about safeguarding email against hackers and bots....it's a sad world where technology is used to be so invasive for some.....That's why I never enable my Smart TV...I don't need my appliances eavesdropping on my life....lol

When I get more time, I'll explore this site more and post pics of my tank models, dioramas, and RC tanks....so far I have 2 Heng Longs with a 3rd arriving today. I have about 60 RC planes, so tanks are a nice diversion....love the fact that they shoot!!!

Anyway...Thanks again for sorting it all out...much appreciated and will be a positive contributor! Ox is good people too! I'm also letting some more tank enthusiasts from out RCgroupd message board know about this site....I really like what I have seen so far here!
I guess that could be it, you aren't alone, my Outlook insists on playing games with RCTW emails, I had to set up a rule to force them into my inbox.

Not activating your Smart tv is no protection, lol, the camera's and microphones on any device equipped with one can be switched on remotely, even if the device is switched off, it doesn't even switch on when they do it, that technology has been available for over ten years. The only safe place to keep a phone is in the fridge, and the only way to stop cams being activated is to place a cloth over them. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Tread Flintstone
Private

Oxotnik wrote:Tread! You made it. Finally!!

We may have to start our own RC airplane thread... :-D
Tempting...But I like talking tanks! I have a lot to learn outside of just opening a Heng Long box. :D

I'm going to take a break...take some pics to share and post my howdy thread later on.

Between this site and RCgroups, I could spend all day on the keyboard. That happens when you live in the middle of nowhere...My friends say I live too far to visit....maybe I should shower more? :wtf:
Tread Flintstone
Private

wibblywobbly wrote:
Tread Flintstone wrote:Thanks Wibbly! maybe my email blocked your email due to being overseas? I think Europe has much more enthusiasm for tanks than in the US. Your's seems to be the best site to celebrate RC tanks. Glad I was able to make it!

I guess that could be it, you aren't alone, my Outlook insists on playing games with RCTW emails, I had to set up a rule to force them into my inbox.

Not activating your Smart tv is no protection, lol, the camera's and microphones on any device equipped with one can be switched on remotely, even if the device is switched off, it doesn't even switch on when they do it, that technology has been available for over ten years. The only safe place to keep a phone is in the fridge, and the only way to stop cams being activated is to place a cloth over them. :thumbup:
True...that's why I wear a tin foil hat!

You can stand in your own living room and talk about lamps...then go online and see nothing but ads for lamps. 8O

I tape all my tech cams....

Return to “Help”