Filming while controlling

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Filming while controlling

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Gold !! :thumbup: :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Gold !! :thumbup: :thumbup:
;D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

What's wrong with this thread? On my PC the first post is Carl saying Mick has a good idea and he should order one. One what?!?! It's like there's a couple posts missing at the beginning of the thread and it's makin' me bonkers!! Help! :O :O :crazy: :crazy:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Wherever have you been the last week Gary lol.

The Mick in question. . . .
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I originally posted something like this, was only a couple of quid/dollars, my one had a blue tooth switch to make the camera work. And my point was that the phone holder fitted normal camera stands because it had the standard thread.

Cheap 2-in-1 Universal Tripod Stand For Camera and Mobile Phones with Phone Clip | Claseek™ Singapore
https://sg.claseek.com/electronics/mobi ... lip_i14266

Universal Mini Mobile Phone Tripod Stand Grip Holder Mount For Camera iPhone | eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Mi ... .l4275.c10

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

My tank-o-phone holder has standard thread 8)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

seb4 wrote:This is my budget solution, a Manfrotto mobile phone tripod clamp attached to my tripod plate ( a removable steel plate on which you attach your camera on your tripod).

Then fitting the tripod plate on the tower with strong black tape and fitting the mobile phone on the clamp. Total costs 19.95 euros ;D

If they phone you, simply stop the tank and say I am sorry but my phone is currently on a tank, please phone back later :wtf:

Good tip, Seb!.
I have a similar iPhone/smartphone clamp made by Mudder. It has a standard thread and can be attached to mini Gorilla tripods (I have one with magnetic feet :thumbup:). I also use it on a Manfroto Monopod (great quality).
The monopod makes a useful walking stick, especially for those with a metal filled ankle (moi); but with DSLR or Smartphone attached, it makes for an excellent and steady support when jammed into the ground, or wedged between rocks, etc..
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

seb4 wrote:My tank-o-phone holder has standard thread 8)
Mine was a tenth of what you paid :P

So, even more bargain basement :thumbup:

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I must be really lazy, cuz I just took a Mobius Cam and stuck it down with a dab of white tack. 8)

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Wardog wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:
seb4 wrote:My tank-o-phone holder has standard thread 8)
Mine was a tenth of what you paid :P

So, even more bargain basement :thumbup:
I got mine for nothing :haha: :haha: :haha:
Me too, it was a present :clap:

Return to “Tips and Tricks”