Taigen m4a3 76mm

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Taigen m4a3 76mm

Post by frankie »

I've wanted one of these for a while but was always put off by the high postage and custom charges associated with buying from the states, so when Dave said he was going to be getting some in, I jumped on one....
I'm really impressed with the quaility...she has a full metal chassis fitted with black steel gears, metal duck bill tracks etc. The upper is secured with a quick release mechanism which is handy. The metal/plastic turret has 360deg rotation with rollers to help with a smooth operation. Internally there's a recoil/elevation unit fitted. Electrics wise she's all wired up so a taigen 2.4g board would plug staight in, although I'm planning to fit an IBU in her...
remember...it's just a plastic tank... :/
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Taigen m4a3 76mm

Post by forgebear »

glad you like it frank thanks for the unboxing to show her off
dave :thumbup:
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

i will keep one back for you mick so dont worry
dave
JohnWhyte
Corporal

Post by JohnWhyte »

it is tempting but I've already made my own version
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75
E50
T32
Radar Panther
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Frank, Good morning,
You know your Shermans, no questions asked there. Having said that, may I ask a couple of questions about this new one from Taigen? The turret almost looks like it has that stepped, extra .25 inch ring height that used to plague the MATO M4A1 Sherman turret. Is that the case or just because of the new rollers? Do the hatches open on the upper hull? Are the tools molded on? I ask because I have one of the M10 kits from Dgesselkirk and was thinking about a metal MATO lower to complete it. This new offering gives me something else to consider as long as the metalwork is a better grade than the MATOs. Thanks in advance, Doc.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

Hi painless...yes there is a step, but it doesn't seem as pronounced as the Mato one...maybe because the mantlet is better it throws your eye...I'm thinking of smoothing it out with some filler...the hatches are molded shut the same as the HL hull..the tools come fixed but they're not molded...
...personally I think this lower is better than the Mato one :thumbup:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Frank,
Thanks for the quick reply! You've given me lots to think about. I'd like to do an upgrade on my 'In The Mood' one of these days as well as the M10 kit. If it's a better turret than the MATO original turret, it'll be a no brainer. Be nice to have recoil and IR on it as well. Thank you again, my friend. I'll be following along on this one to see how it works out.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Post by Artyfist »

Hi Frankie,
Can you post some photos of the artillery piece in the first photo?
Been ex Arty I always like them :D
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:So frank, do we get to see a film of her going through the motions? Like drive and gun recoil?

Mick.

I'll put some up when I've saved up enough for an IBU for her...I was thinking of putting one of my existing IBU2's but I don't think they support the taigen recoil...
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

Artyfist wrote:Hi Frankie,
Can you post some photos of the artillery piece in the first photo?
Been ex Arty I always like them :D
She's a Vandra priest conversion I'm building for a mate...ill post a couple of pics in show off when she's done :thumbup:

Return to “Unboxing”