RC Tank Brands?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Re: RC Tank Brands?

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:I think we know, you don't appear to have any luck with rc tanks.
I guess now we'll have to sit tight and wait and see.
Shame you lot in the States are so spread out, can't just pop over for help.
I tried to have a look at your YouTube video of your K T problem again, bloody film has gone, never mind.

Mick.

Oh yeah I deleted it, i figured I didn't need the video anymore since it was being exchanged,
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

hello guys, so no update as of yet, Erik never called me back and no email. So I figure I check again and take a closer look and I think I have narrowed the problem down. I recorded a video, Ill add the link here. Let me know what you guys think on where to go from here. I think this video proves that im not crazy. and again I charged a new 5000 MAH Battery from Imex with my smart charger. Fully charged so there is no way this is a low battery issue.

phpBB [video]
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
I know Erik as a 'phone friend'. I'll call him tomorrow and see if I can shed some light on all of this.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

It appears to be as previously stated a short with the IR flash setup. Very nice video to show the functions with and without the high intensity flash and recoil connected.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good evening,
I know Erik as a 'phone friend'. I'll call him tomorrow and see if I can shed some light on all of this.
regards,
Painless
Thank you much appreciated
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

c.rainford73 wrote:It appears to be as previously stated a short with the IR flash setup. Very nice video to show the functions with and without the high intensity flash and recoil connected.
Seems like it, I'm guessing only way to fix would be to figure out which wires are crossed?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Let Mr Painless reach out to Imex and you guys will surely come up with a plan
Tanks alot.... :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning all!
I just got off the phone with Erik and explained what was going on here with FTR ( easier than typing out Foxtrotraptor each time ) and his Panther and King Tiger. FTR, you need to email Erik back and give him the link to your video with the issue with the Panther displayed. He noted that me telling him that you had new batteries and a Smart Charger was the first time he had heard this bit of information about your Panther issue and was why you gotten the previous stock reply " It's probably a battery issue". As for your King Tiger, he should be working on it today or tomorrow and noted that you will be getting a free upgrade for your time and troubles. That's all I am authorized to say. I can explain the lengthy time for replies from him. We all know he was at a Hobby Trade Show but I doubt anyone here had heard that he and his workers were in a severe car accident in Nebraska on the trip back. No one was injured thankfully but the vehicle was trashed along with all of the show stock that had been taken along. His phone charger was lost and there was quite a bit of scrambling to get everyone and everything left back to Florida. I'm satisfied that you are being taken care of along with all of the rest of the queue of people who are awaiting his assistance. A little patience here, folks, is all that is required.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning all!
I just got off the phone with Erik and explained what was going on here with FTR ( easier than typing out Foxtrotraptor each time ) and his Panther and King Tiger. FTR, you need to email Erik back and give him the link to your video with the issue with the Panther displayed. He noted that me telling him that you had new batteries and a Smart Charger was the first time he had heard this bit of information about your Panther issue and was why you gotten the previous stock reply " It's probably a battery issue". As for your King Tiger, he should be working on it today or tomorrow and noted that you will be getting a free upgrade for your time and troubles. That's all I am authorized to say. I can explain the lengthy time for replies from him. We all know he was at a Hobby Trade Show but I doubt anyone here had heard that he and his workers were in a severe car accident in Nebraska on the trip back. No one was injured thankfully but the vehicle was trashed along with all of the show stock that had been taken along. His phone charger was lost and there was quite a bit of scrambling to get everyone and everything left back to Florida. I'm satisfied that you are being taken care of along with all of the rest of the queue of people who are awaiting his assistance. A little patience here, folks, is all that is required.
regards,
Painless
Many thanks for the info Wolf, Erik emailed me this morning and we are communicating at the moment, I do recall mentioning the battery and smart charger but given everything that has happen to him then I can understand Erik missing that info. I did not know of that accident, that's a scary situation to be in, im glad he and the rest of his group is safe. I will be patient as I have been the past few weeks. I guess I thought that even if he was away or not there would be people back at home base to continue operations. I know he's the RC tank guru here in the U.S but I didn't know he was a one man band type, that is a lot to handle for just one man. That being said like I mention before in my previous post I don't think Erik or Imex are bad, I don't see how they can be bad due to all the positive comments Ive seen all over the place which is why I went with them in the first place. As I mention I think my situation is a special case and really boils down to bad luck and bad timing due to the returning the KT, the 4th of July holiday, email problems then their Trade show and now that bad car accident. All that combined, id say its a unique set of circumstances that could not have been avoided. It has been a long frustrating ride during this introduction to the RC tank hobby. Ill continue to be patient that's all I can do. Again I thank all for their input and help. I wont let this sour my love for this hobby and Ill still continue to use Imex for parts and all that, im just too afraid right now to buy another tank, I don't want to go 3 for 3 at the moment lol. Im sure that will change in time, once I get my Panther and KT up and running properly and I have time to enjoy them. Im hoping they release a Sherman and T-34 plastic. I cant afford their metal ones. but anyways thanks again. As always Ill keep you guys updated.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

So update on my situation. After communicating with Erik things look good. A spare Mother board and IR power cable are being sent to hopefully fix my panther shut down problem, as well as a replacement King Tiger with Torro tracks. Should arrive by next Wednesday. I hope that all comes in one piece, once all that is taken care of I can start to really work on and customize these Tanks.

Return to “General Questions”