RC Tank Brands?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Re: RC Tank Brands?

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Wolverine Tanker wrote:Sounds like you just got a bad tank. I'd see if I could return the tank for another one. Or get my money back and speak to Eric at Taigen Tanks in Florida and he will get it right. Sorry your having so much trouble.
Thank you sir, Hopfully by monday or tuesday ill get a response
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Please keep us posted on the status of the tank. I know Erik will do everything to help you. I have an Imex Taigen Tiger I that is now 4 years old and it is a top notch runner with a few of my own upgrades it's as fun and reliable as my Tamiya tanks. Maintenance is very easy and any small bits or upgrades I buy from Erik to keep her rolling along. I do know that the flash can be a bit dodgy at times. All the best

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

c.rainford73 wrote:Please keep us posted on the status of the tank. I know Erik will do everything to help you. I have an Imex Taigen Tiger I that is now 4 years old and it is a top notch runner with a few of my own upgrades it's as fun and reliable as my Tamiya tanks. Maintenance is very easy and any small bits or upgrades I buy from Erik to keep her rolling along. I do know that the flash can be a bit dodgy at times. All the best

Carl
Many thanks Carl, I will keep you all posted. From what everyone is telling sounds like this will be good. Erik seems like hes a big help so Im keeping my fingers crossed.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

well so far its been slow going. I got a email from Erik Monday morning. He asked for videos showing the problem which I sent right away. 2 video clips from diffrent angles so it could be clear and show the problem. After I sent the video clips I have not received a response yet. :/ So just playing the waiting game....... :/
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

foxtrotraptor wrote:well so far its been slow going. I got a email from Erik Monday morning. He asked for videos showing the problem which I sent right away. 2 video clips from diffrent angles so it could be clear and show the problem. After I sent the video clips I have not received a response yet. :/ So just playing the waiting game....... :/
Not to interfere or stop the repair or replacement process that you're involved in with Imex Erik.....

I'm very curios to see the videos of the issues you are having with the KT. Maybe one of our resident tank repair doctors can steer you in the proper direction as far as a quick diagnosis after seeing the tank in action.Image
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

uploading to youtube now will send link in a min
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very strange Mr raptor like its not getting a good signal from the radio or a weak battery. Try Erik again in the am and see where you stand. Maybe someone else on the forum has had a similar problem with an Rc tank.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Hello everyone so I got an update. I decided to email Imex again, while waiting for their reply I decided to just open it up to see if it was a easy fix. When I open her up I saw a few things like a dead moth inside lol, a loose mother board and stripped gears. Shortly after I got a response from Erik, he said that they have attempted to get a hold of me via email a few times but I never got those emails, even checked my spam folder but I didn't find anything. In either case he said to call him which I did, Erik is indeed very nice and understand man. He asked for a different email which I provided, he will be emailing me a UPS packing slip to ship the tank back. I should receive it in a few hours, If I don't get the email by tonight he said top call him back Monday. He said they will replace the Tank and he will also include a set of upgraded torro tracks? not sure what those consist of but it sounds cool to me lol. Anyways that is the update guys. Ill keep you posted. Ill have to check my email settings just to make sure but I honestly dont recall getting anything from them since Monday. I did get their summer sale flyer. I dont know but anyway im glad things are moving again.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Fantastic news now you will have metal tracks too!

Return to “General Questions”