The new Taigen Metal Panzer IV (Pic heavy!!!)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: The new Taigen Metal Panzer IV (Pic heavy!!!)

Post by c.rainford73 »

I have a question with all the extra work you've had to put into bringing this tank up to par what would you honestly think the value or the cost of the unit should be ? Compared to what you were charged for the unit obviously now you've improved its quality and design
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

My question is directed more at Taigen/ Torro not the vendor
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Well... Seing as it dosnt cost a lot more, than the plastic Panzer IV with Metal tracks and wheels upgrades, I actually think the price is fair.

But if I'm going to build another Pz IV I would probably get the Taigen upper hull and Asiatam lower hull. But it really depends on how much trouble I get into, when trying to do the rest of my small upgrades.

The details on the Taigen Lower hull is way better than Asiatam, but Asiatam is just easier toget to working right. Return roller in the right position. Space for ajustable idler and Drive shaft supports...
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I dont know why everybody keeps mentioning the return roller but nobody speaks about the sprochet when its way more evident. The sprochet should be rised ! In the asiatam hull it comes as it should, and I think has good detail. You even can open the small side hatches. Of course it has his problems but im happy with it.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

I bought the Asiatam hull for my first Panzer IV and I actually enjoy it a lot. Its one of my best runners.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Arnie_DK wrote:I bought the Asiatam hull for my first Panzer IV and I actually enjoy it a lot. Its one of my best runners.
It seems that there are two kinds of asiatam hull, the one that is ok but has some problems, and the pain in the ass that Jarndice and others got.

The asiatam one runs great, the problems I had was with the horrible suspension (But now im using tamiya suspension) and with the lock for attaching upper and lower hull together, because it does not work.

But its rock solid. :)
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Looked and sounded great out of the box to me. :thumbup:
Up to Taigens high quality control standards.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Tiggr wrote:Looked and sounded great out of the box to me. :thumbup:
Up to Taigens high quality control standards.
Actually... IMEX-Erik over at RCU said it still had issues he wanted looked at, before it would be released in the US...so not quite there yet it seems...
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
Arnie_DK wrote:I bought the Asiatam hull for my first Panzer IV and I actually enjoy it a lot. Its one of my best runners.
It seems that there are two kinds of asiatam hull, the one that is ok but has some problems, and the pain in the ass that Jarndice and others got.

The asiatam one runs great, the problems I had was with the horrible suspension (But now im using tamiya suspension) and with the lock for attaching upper and lower hull together, because it does not work.

But its rock solid. :)
Hehe yeah. Suspension is what it is and closing mechanism...forget it. Other than that I have had no problems with mine at all :)
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

Finished up the re-paint and for now, I'm satisfied. Decided not to move the rear return roller or install adjustable idlers as the tank actually runs really great from stock and there would be a lot of sawing and grinding involved with installing the mods.

So a nice clean re-paint with a wash is all I wanted to do to it for now. Might add some mud and dust later on though.

Oh, and I swapped the tracks for Mato late tracks.

And then, I decided to have some fun in the garden :)

Return to “Other Builds”