HL M1A1 Aussie version...

HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Re: HL M1A1 Aussie version...

Post by HvyCgn9 »

well so far my Track tensioner has taken a bit of a detour......seems DHL Germany doesn't know the difference between Australia and Austria.........LOL So far my parcel has left Frankfurt gone to Austria..sat around for 5 or so days and now is back in Frankfurt.....where next for our intrepid traveller??
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Aint that always the way!!
Im waiting for an envelope of 1mm bolts from New Zealand................been 3 weeks :/
Takes me longer to drive to Roma QLD for work that it does for a flight to(or from) NZ :wtf:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

HvyCgn9 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:38 am ......seems DHL Germany doesn't know the difference between Australia and Austria.........
WAIT! There's a difference?
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ecam wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:13 am
HvyCgn9 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:38 am ......seems DHL Germany doesn't know the difference between Australia and Austria.........
Yep

one is burnt and only any good around the edges
the other is green, picturesque, and far away from here....................
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:53 am
Ecam wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:13 am
Yep

one is burnt and only any good around the edges
the other is green, picturesque, and far away from here....................
at the moment which one is which??
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Meanwhile still waiting for DHL to Ship my F@#$ing parcel!! its still in Germany as of the 2/08/2023 "waiting to be loaded into container for airtransport...."

might get it by Xmas..........................
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Track tensioner finally turned up!! Now just need 2 go about fitting on the beasty...
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

fitted the Tensioner axle but still having some issues....mostly with hull issues as I drilled a hole in the wrong place and screwed up the install....some instructions would have helped LOL

After much messing about got one track to stay on but one side still walks off despite maximum adjustment...

Anyone know where I can get a bare M1A2 hull ?? Can't find any on evil bay at the moment.....might have to do a bit of a hull reinforcement where I stuffed it up.........or save up for a metal hull.

Does the Tamiya static kit have the RC kit metal chassis??

Cheers Bruce
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

HvyCgn9 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:03 am Does the Tamiya static kit have the RC kit metal chassis??
Yes it does. But fitting the Heng Long suspension would an engineering project I believe!
I fitted HL Gear Boxes to mine but used all Tamiya Suspension parts.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Barry is that hull from the Static kit version or the rc version? does it not come with the torsion bars?? I might save up for the HL metal hull....or get a stock m1a2 7.0 HL as a parts beast...can never have enough parts.

Edit: I have noticed that the motor end of the HL plastic chassis has a lot of flex around the motor mounts. Came across this bracing kit on ebay that I might get.. plastic hull could do with a U shaped metal plate inserted where the motors mount

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/294448713859

Cheers Bruce

Return to “Modern Builds”