HL M1A1 Aussie version...

Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: HL M1A1 Aussie version...

Post by Raminator »

That seller is Christian Ludwig, you can save a bit of dosh and buy from him directly rather than go through eBay. You can email him, he speaks English. Check out his site, he might have some other Abrams goodies you might like!
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

HvyCgn9 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:21 am Barry is that hull from the Static kit version or the rc version? does it not come with the torsion bars?? I might save up for the HL metal hull....or get a stock m1a2 7.0 HL as a parts beast...can never have enough parts.

Edit: I have noticed that the motor end of the HL plastic chassis has a lot of flex around the motor mounts. Came across this bracing kit on ebay that I might get.. plastic hull could do with a U shaped metal plate inserted where the motors mount

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/294448713859

Cheers Bruce
Hi Bruce,

Yes,if you purchase the Static kit you will get all you need. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Raminator wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:43 am That seller is Christian Ludwig, you can save a bit of dosh and buy from him directly rather than go through eBay. You can email him, he speaks English. Check out his site, he might have some other Abrams goodies you might like!
Thanks Mate!! I had found his site ages ago but forgot about! Looks like he does a bare HL metal chassis!! I will flick him an email once I have some spare $$....got to pay power bill first!!

Cheers Bruce
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

BarryC wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:30 pm
HvyCgn9 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:21 am Barry is that hull from the Static kit version or the rc version? does it not come with the torsion bars?? I might save up for the HL metal hull....or get a stock m1a2 7.0 HL as a parts beast...can never have enough parts.

Edit: I have noticed that the motor end of the HL plastic chassis has a lot of flex around the motor mounts. Came across this bracing kit on ebay that I might get.. plastic hull could do with a U shaped metal plate inserted where the motors mount

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/294448713859

Cheers Bruce
Hi Bruce,

Yes,if you purchase the Static kit you will get all you need. :thumbup:

Barry
Thanks Barry,

I was checking about for the static kit but the price is over $1170AU!! full metal HL chassis with wheels ,tracks and motors is about $1200AU inc postage....I might go with a cheaper option LOL!!

Cheers Bruce
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Additionally, I don't know how well the Heng Long upper will fit the Tamiya lower. The HL metal lower fits the Heng Long upper very well (as I do have it), but it is not properly detailed if you care about that.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

tankme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:14 pm Additionally, I don't know how well the Heng Long upper will fit the Tamiya lower. The HL metal lower fits the Heng Long upper very well (as I do have it), but it is not properly detailed if you care about that.
Not real fussed about the underbody detail, just want it to be able to drive on rough terrain and not have tracks come off every 2m.....Its weird it never used to lose tracks! I once drove it about 600m on all kinds of terrain (including stirring up a meat ant nest!) never had a problem.. I think either hull is flexing badly now or its something simple that I am missing!!

No spare $$$ at the moment got to do some needed maintenance on my work van....bills are PITA

Bruce

Return to “Modern Builds”