Leonardo Da Vinci
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: HL M1A1 Aussie version...

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Seen your speaker, best go to Jaycar and try for another type of speaker
They have several options.
It may bring out the best options for sound set
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Seen your speaker, best go to Jaycar and try for another type of speaker
They have several options.
It may bring out the best options for sound set
maybe after I upgrade the electronics to a Clark tk22, which will probably be after the tracks and henntech idler....lol
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Wow...was showing my housemate how far the BBs shoot and surprised myself!! First round went where I expected it to go (about 25feet or so..) second round (at same elevation) went over the 7 foot fence and dissappeared into next doors backyard!!! maybe landing 50+ feet away.... 8) 8) 8) 8)

Second round always seems to go much further than the first!! 8O @) @) @)
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Ordered the metal tracks earlier this week from Tankarmy here in Oz.....waitin impatiently for them to arrive now 8) 8)
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

yippppeee.... track's are here @) @) @) @) Just taking a couple of links out so they are a better fit. Pixs soon!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

If its creating 'wear' then you need to slow the process down a wee bit :/

Glad you've got the tracks mate, they will make a difference to the way it sits for sure.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Thanks lads!!

Tracks are on...took 2 links out of each, but when turning during a test run (without the top on)the tracks migrate off the sprocket!

Took another link out and they are nice and tight on the sprocket but tends to pull the first and last road wheel up!! Hopefully it will settle down on its suspension a bit too plus still need to get the track tension kit for it.....
Attachments
with 3 links removed...much tighter
with 3 links removed...much tighter
DSC_0270.JPG (80.3 KiB) Viewed 5299 times
DSC_0267.JPG
DSC_0267.JPG (69.28 KiB) Viewed 5299 times
DSC_0266.JPG
DSC_0266.JPG (72.4 KiB) Viewed 5299 times
two links removed.....hangs a lot!
two links removed.....hangs a lot!
DSC_0265.JPG (70.43 KiB) Viewed 5299 times
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Have you not beefed up the first and last suspension on each side?

Doesn't that usually help with those wheels wanting to be pulled up, especially with the weight of metal tracks?

Mick.
Yup suspension is all upgraded might need to change the springs around to the other hole....its my first tank so uncharted waters :haha: :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I'm no expert, but to my eyes, the track looks too tight in the last photo. Maybe it will stretch a bit and settle down once it's run in. On the other hand, it could put a strain on the sprocket and idler bearings.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “Modern Builds”