Max's 1/6 Blitzkrieg Armor Hetzer Project

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Max's 1/6 Blitzkrieg Armor Hetzer Project

Post by Max-U52 »

Come on now, Roy, I made sure the paintballs are non-toxic and bio-degradable and perfectly safe for pelting trees. Besides, I hate that tree. It craps twigs and bark and sometimes rather large branches all over the place, and if you park within 20 feet of it your car will be covered in little white round spots that eat through paint. If I could get the city to cut that thing down I surely would.

Anyway, here's some thoughts on mounting this thing in a tank. The photo theft from threads like the one Roy provided are really enough to frost ones bottom. That was probably a very useful thread before they stole the photos, but without them a lot of that stuff is already obsolete. It seems paintball tech moves almost as fast as computers, and the .40 cal paintballs they mentioned that were being tested have already been tested, produced, and gone belly up. They don't even make .40 cal paintballs anymore, and I seriously hope they always do .50 cal, and not convert everything to .68, which is by far the most popular caliber.

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

You might be interested in this Guy's mounting solution, Gary. He mounted a pinball gun in a 1/6 Stuart. It's fairly old tech, but it worked then (2003- onwards ..!)
http://www.rctankcombat.com/order-of-battle/tanks/T009/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

..and while you've already tooled yourself up for arboreal abuse with your current paintball terror weapon, I wonder whether you've seen this amazing system down at Field of Armor (sic)..
http://www.fieldofarmortanks.com/foa-ma ... 50-system/
FOA Painball system
FOA Painball system
I wasn't sure whether FOA's typo 'Painball' was accidental or deliberate... :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yeah, I looked at that, and the only thing I didn't like about it was the $200 price tag. I can build one myself for less than half that.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Well, I have the exhaust pretty much dialed in. I'm going to wait until the cannon is set before gluing everything in place, just to avoid accidental breakage during the installation of the cannon.

I also picked up the steel to build the frame to hold the paintball gun, so now it's just a question of doing the machine work and waiting for the last of the parts, like the CO2 tank.

phpBB [video]

And here's the final product, ready to be glued in place and hooked up to a smoke unit, maybe that RC car smoker Kevin Grannum was playing with not long ago.

phpBB [video]

:wave: :wave: :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Fantastic work Gary that copper tubing is a real work of art!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks, Carl. The hard part will be getting the weld seams on. It has a huge one that runs the whole length of the main muffler tube, and another all the way around the right end. Time to buy some fresh milliput!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Max-U52 wrote:Thanks, Carl. The hard part will be getting the weld seams on. It has a huge one that runs the whole length of the main muffler tube, and another all the way around the right end. Time to buy some fresh milliput!
I tell you with these large scale tanks I'm really impressed with all the parts that almost are forgotten with the smaller scales. Just the thought process and design that goes into making a basic exhaust system makes this so rewarding I'm sure!

Have you and Ian worked on the soundfiles for the hetzer and your IBU board?

Jeep up the great work GaryImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

If there's a secret, clue me in. I had to drive all over town to get these damn things. Seriously, I went to 4 different plumbing supply houses before I found one that had the right stuff. I'm not sure if this is Standard Plumbing or refrigerant tubing, all I know is that it works so I'm runnin' with it.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

They are called "end feed" because you feed the solder in from the end! You can get end feed fittings for 8 mm upwards though it would appear the smallest street elbow is 10 mm.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “Larger Scale Military”