Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

Post by Ad Lav »

Looks great!

Tempted by a hetzer but the Ludwigs one works out over 500 euro without electrics...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Ad Lav wrote:Looks great!

Tempted by a hetzer but the Ludwigs one works out over 500 euro without electrics...

Is Green Amphibian still making them? I know he made Imex-Erik's Hetzer, and it's very nice.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I decided that before I get into taking the Nashorn project apart to install the electronics I would finish the tracks on the Panzer 38t. Other than fitting the track tensioners this tank is ready for the electronics conversion kit whenever I receive it. Working this weekend so my time is limited. Thanks for lookingImage

At least I can finally give my fingers a rest and that damn 1mm drill bitImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Brilliant work!!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ad Lav wrote:Brilliant work!!
Thank youImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I will be putting this into primer sometime next week and was considering some paint schemes. My initial thought was to go with Panzer grey like the early war variants similar to the Dicker Max.

I then happened to come across this interesting paint online and wanted opinions on this camo design....

Thanks

CarlImage
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl, Good afternoon!
That looks summat like Hermans excellent paint scheme that he just applied to his Jagdtiger. ( scaled down of course ;o) It would look great on this vehicle but I have to say, not a lot of early War grey paint going around out there either. It does have a cachet all it's own.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
You get a fairly accurate representation of 'The StuG Life' circa  mid 1941.JPG
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Carl, Good afternoon!
That looks summat like Hermans excellent paint scheme that he just applied to his Jagdtiger. ( scaled down of course ;o) It would look great on this vehicle but I have to say, not a lot of early War grey paint going around out there either. It does have a cachet all it's own.
regards,
Painless
Oh that Stug III looks very niceImage Once I sand and do some filling I will spray a base primer coat of grey and dark shading and take it from there. Then I can go further into the grey direction or use the grey as a base coat for some dunkelgelb.... Thanks Mr Painless
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

There are also these versions that I find myself interested in.... The first version is your traditional Panzer grey and touches of dunkelgelbImageImage
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

I'd cast my vote for panzergrau too, like Painless said there's not a lot of it going about. I think it will lend itself well to weathering.

Looking forward to seeing you squeeze all the electronics and mechanical bits into it!

Return to “Other Builds”