Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38-t r/c Conversion

Post by c.rainford73 »

So today I had a nice day off and was able to sneak away to my local hobby shop. My mission was to build the styrene brackets that hold the two halves of the hull together while the Panzer bounces about....

I was not able to complete the rear upper hull attachment points as they are used to hold the speaker in place once I receive it in a few weeks.

The road wheels are not glued in place yet. Just dry fitted to give me an idea of where I'm at so I can remove them to install the rubber leaf springs from the 35rctank kit.

The brackets actually hold very firm and I beveled the edges to allow for a smooth installation and removal for access to the battery etc....Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Glorious :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Glorious Image
Thank you Mr HermanImage
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl,
I can see it running already. Excellent work, Doc, just excellent!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

As always Mr Painless your words are greatly appreciatedImage

I started working on the turret this evening. I will have to construct some quick connect fittings made of pieces of carefully cut styrene for the turret roof to be removed to allow for access to the servos for elevation recoil and turret rotationImage

I temporarily installed the metal gun barrel that came with the kit for reference purposes only.

I very very carefully drilled out the machine guns by cutting them in half to allow for a 1mm drill bit to get through both tubes for the led fiber optics. Very tedious work. Drilled from the end of the machine gun barrel towards the middle cut and then from the middle cut to the end of the gun at the hullImage

The hull mounts I made work great and keep both halves of these hull firmly in place.

I then decided while I had the 1mm drill bit out and handy I'd try my hand at drilling out the needed holes for each track link.....

Success! So far each sprue has 6 track links so I keep them on the plastic frame and carefully drill each track link from each side with the bit. Crazy crazy.

I so far for the day drilled out 60 track links successfuly and I'm done until tomorrowImage ImageImageImageImage
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Now that right there is the epitome of patience.
Such effort for virtually no visible pay back !
Like walking up a hill...................never look up, just one step(or drilled hole) at a time :crazy:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Now that right there is the epitome of patience.
Such effort for virtually no visible pay back !
Like walking up a hill...................never look up, just one step(or drilled hole) at a time :crazy:
Yes as you said Mr Herman it's like trudging up a hill in the mud.....in a pair of dress shoesImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tonight I returned to my panzer 38-t build. I have made the connectors (or snap brackets) to allow for access to the floor of the turret so I can access the upper electronics like the servos and control board for them. I used styrene cut into brackets that have been sandwiched together and beveled on the edges to allow for free movement to pull the turret completely apart.

I made four connectors. I've attached smaller beveled attachment points that the extension of the larger brackets slip over. The plastic of the kit is flexible enough to allow the sections to "move" just enough to make it snap into placeImage

Unlike my other pieces of armour this panzer is small so having the ability to seperate the turret is absolutely necessary in this fashion....Image too delicate to drill and tap for mounts and srewsImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Turret fitted together with snaps in place... Major components are now all fitted without the electronicsImage

Time for sanding and some filling ImageImageImageImageImage
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl,
Good evening! Great way to do it, Doc. Executed cleanly as well. Very nicely done!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Builds”