HL Tiger 1 conversion to Bergetiger

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: HL Tiger 1 conversion to Bergetiger

Post by PainlessWolf »

Capt. Midnight,
Now that's what I was talking about. You make it look easy! ;o) Your Recovery and Repair Tiger is a treat for the eyes. Excellent job on blending the mud too.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Marvellous Captain.
Yourheadlight covers seem to work much better than the white metal ones I bought from a well known source. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Thanks for all the great comments, guys! I've just got a few more small things I want to do to, then finished.

I haven't forgotten you, Carl. I'm planning on making up another hoist and doing some molds this week. I also want to do some jerry cans and drums.

I might make up several sets of the light covers and see if anyone is interested. All I had to do to mount them was to grind off the front of the LED if it was sticking out. They glued right on to the headlight housing. I did this one, my other Tiger 1, KT, Jagdpanther, and a buddies Panther and PZIV. All looked so much better!

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

capt midnight wrote:Thanks for all the great comments, guys! I've just got a few more small things I want to do to, then finished.

I haven't forgotten you, Carl. I'm planning on making up another hoist and doing some molds this week. I also want to do some jerry cans and drums.

I might make up several sets of the light covers and see if anyone is interested. All I had to do to mount them was to grind off the front of the LED if it was sticking out. They glued right on to the headlight housing. I did this one, my other Tiger 1, KT, Jagdpanther, and a buddies Panther and PZIV. All looked so much better!

Bill
Thank youImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Wow.. the tank and the paint Job look fantastic.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A work of art, and nicely crisp images too :thumbup: The only thing that could possibly improve its appearance...is..and I really can't think of anything else.. except for a broken down tank hulk, it can be rescuing :D
Your tank is a treat for the eyes.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

43rdRecceReg wrote:A work of art, and nicely crisp images too :thumbup: The only thing that could possibly improve its appearance...is..and I really can't think of anything else.. except for a broken down tank hulk, it can be rescuing :D
Your tank is a treat for the eyes.
Thanks to all for the comments!

Here's an improvement to the beast, as requested...

Rendering aid to a winter Panther. Most likely it"s just overheated! :haha:

I think it's all done, just have to get a couple of good shots. I'll also do a show off thread post with some detail pictures. Gonna try and get some without the junky work car in the background. :haha:

Bill
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Soooooo perb Mr Midnight
Great idea-very well executed.
That would sell quickly if it was to pop up ;)

Hows the front chain block set production coming along ? :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Gonna be working on the chain block tomorrow. I'll get some pictures posted when I get the pattern finished up. I think I'll also do up a few sets of the headlight covers and see if there is any interest.

Many thanks for the ladder idea, Herman. I really liked the way they came out. A buddy wants me to make him one up for his Tiger.

What have I gotten myself into? :haha:

Bill
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Can't wait to see!
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”