Oddball

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Oddball

Post by Estnische »

It gets worse Roy, I also ride a 2006 BMW R1200S. My previous ride was a 1982 R100. Both black, which is why my Fender is also black.

Surely Johann would have a Warwick Warlock?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

43rdRecceReg wrote: Any chance you can get a 1/16 scale Fender or Alembic for Johann? :haha:

Is there anything you can't find on evilbay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1912507291 ... noapp=true

:wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:clap: :haha: ..'Can't buy me love'..though, Gary. Nice find though, Estniche take note..that would be perfect for old Lobster face :P

But..vaguely veering back in the direction of Ausf's impressive physiognomies, what I really asked earlier was within 3d/ CNC technology exists whereby an egomaniac (not unlike Adolf himself..) could fashion their own noggins in 1/16, with a view to transplanting them onto standard Tamiya/ HL tank figures? Surely that would make for great novelty presents for birthdays, Xmas etc? But..only for those of us who can still stand seeing their ageing mush in the mirror? :P
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Estnische wrote:It gets worse Roy, I also ride a 2006 BMW R1200S. My previous ride was a 1982 R100. Both black, which is why my Fender is also black.

Surely Johann would have a Warwick Warlock?
Indeed he would :D
I used to ride an ex-Police R80RT to work, in London: a mighty beast and good in bad weather; but could fishtail in pant-filling way over 100mph :O (But not as much as the Norton Interpol.) The left hand Pot and beefy faring saved my left leg from being sliced off after a severe side impact from some numpty motorist who said "he couldn't see me', when he emerged from a sideroad. I was wearing high viz., and Police bikes are pretty obvious..but hey.
At home in the Highlands, after a catastrophic ankle break with titanium inserts (nothing but the best on the NHS, although they could be servo assisted :haha: )..I've resorted to a push bike. Deer are also a menace to themselves and motorists here, so I've concluded antlers and helmet visors are not likely to make a good mix. :thumbdown:
Seriously considering getting a 1/4 scale tank to ride around in the next time i break something; certainly would beat a rickety wheelchair! or maybe a wheelchair with tracks for those tricky slopes ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
ausf
Lance Corporal

Post by ausf »

Tanks and Bass?

Easy...they're both rumbling, powerful instruments of mayhem.

P? Nice. Real Fender?

I had a Highway One P, yanked the frets off. I guess that fits into the tinkering model too.

For some reason, I always have to change something to make it mine. I added a drop D Schaller to my StingRay, I usually end up filing a nut or changing a bridge. I have friends who freaked when I altered my upright until they played it, it's like butter.
What, me worry?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Highlander, my friend, I think Jeff is avoiding your question because he doesn't want to give you the bad news. I asked about that a long time ago and he told me that in his business he doesn't usually do individual heads for people. It's a cost thing. If a model company wants him to make a master of a figure they're going to pay him anywhere from 1500 to $3,000. Kind of see where this is going?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:Highlander, my friend, I think Jeff is avoiding your question because he doesn't want to give you the bad news. I asked about that a long time ago and he told me that in his business he doesn't usually do individual heads for people. It's a cost thing. If a model company wants him to make a master of a figure they're going to pay him anywhere from 1500 to $3,000. Kind of see where this is going?
Ahhh...yep, that's a bit like Michelangelo or Rodin getting the commission (well, beyond the grave- by ouija board- and through a 'medium's borrowed hands..that is :lolno: :lolno: )
Interesting, and probably worth it for someone who's totally tank obsessed, an egomaniac, and filthy rich at the same time!
That said, I can empathise with anyone slipping into raptures about an upright bass that plays as smooth as butter (or Mingus? ;)

Return to “Show Off”