Beier sound card into Taigen Tiger 1 does go !

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Jussek
Sergeant

Re: Beier sound card into Taigen Tiger 1 does go !

Post by Jussek »

c.rainford73 wrote:
Jussek wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote: Hi Jussek I'm assuming the sound card you are using is the usm-hl and the one that Tigrr is now using is the new version? The model you have is very nice but no longer available?

I am very impressed with the Beier sounds and am strongly considering one

Carl
Hi Carl, you are right, i'm using the old USM-HL, and yes, just took a look on the Beier website and this model is no longer referenced there. I didn't knew this.

I own 3 of them, the last one i bought second hand, so maybe this is the only way if you want this model.

best regards
Jussek I have a question

I am rebuilding a Taigen Tiger I. It currently is running an rx18 with rc5hl from Rc tanks Australia with a 6 channel transmitter. Can I add the Beier sound card to my rx18 and control it with the rc5hl?

I was thinking of doing something different with this tanks electronics.

Thanks in advance

Carl

hi Carl,

some years ago i make this same question (talking about the rc2hl in these old days) on the beier forums and this was their reply:

me:

hallo Beier-team

i need confirmation about something you wrote in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=416&p=1791&hilit=rc2hl#p1791

As i do not speak German, I've translated it with an on-line translator, so, before I assume the translation is correct, I prefer to ask! :mrgreen:

my question is related to the RC2HL adapters you mentioned in the above link , were you talking about this type?

http://rctanksaustralia.com/shop/index. ... cts_id=196

The paragraph from you that I've translated is this:

"Eine Möglichkeit sind die "RC2HL"-Adapterplatinen, die es ja von verschiedenen Herstellern gibt. Diese Adapterplatinen wandeln die 1,0-2,0 ms Impulse eines normalen RC-Empfängers, in das HL-RX-18-Protokoll, welches dann wieder vom USM-HL ausgewertet werden kann."

and the chrome translation is this

"A possibility are the "RC2HL" - the adaptor boards which are from different manufacturers. These adaptor boards change 1,0-2,0 ms impulses of a normal RC receiver, in the HL-RX-18-Protocol which can be evaluated then again from USM-HL"

i need to verify if you said that the USM-HL CAN be placed between the new RC receiver (or maybe the RC2HL adapter?) and the RX18 and that it will pick up the signals, so it will work at 100% had maintain all the beier functions

Is this understanding from me correct?

Beier:

Yes, your understanding is correct. The USM-HL is placed between the RC2HL and the RX-18.

But we haven't tested the RC2HL from rctanksaustralia.com... So we can't promise for 100% that it will work.

so... i do not know! If I could have access to an rc5hl device i would test this combo, but this is not the case, i'm sorry.
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks Jussek I may just try it out with my setup and if it doesn't work I can setup without the rc5hl and use a standard Taigen remote and receiver or get a Heng Long remote for my rx18 board wich is not expensive.

I happen to quite mad when it comes to these things and make what others might say are crazy decisions but.....

That Beier sound card sounds so damn good. I was checking out your YouTube channel and some others and it has some really nice sounds

Setup looks very nice too with a lot of online Videos of the basic Operations and setup.

I will get the software upgrade for it as Tiggr recommended too

Thank you again for all your help.
And again I'm looking to do something completely different since this Tiger is very much one of my favorites

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Hi Carl
So this is how to I put the Beier card in a Torro/Taigen equipped tank.
The first pic shows the 3 wire connection to the standard board. As I said - it works just fine without soldering as the 6 pins are a very good interference fit.
IMG_0251.JPG
The second and third photos show the install in my Tiger. The fan over the Taigen board has a hole in it for the 3 wire connection to the Beier card. There is a video on YouTube showing the set up step by step just search Beier sound card or go to their website where there is a link to the video. (German with English subtitles).
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Paul very nice. Thank you! I will pull my Taigen Tiger out tonight and come up with a plan. I've been visiting their site quite a bit and am about to take the plunge :)
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

I'm sure you won't be disappointed Carl.
It's worth getting a volume potentiometer if you do buy one. The unit is very loud ! :thumbup:

Paul
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
tao
Staff Sergeant

Post by tao »

Sounds awesome! Curious isn't the TBS (Benedini) about the same price but I hear a lot of concerns about the pricing on the TBS? Maybe this does a lot more though than a TBS etc.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

OK all I have taken the plunge into the world of Beier sound and ordered the complete kit with the DVD cables etc. Paul I ordered the pententiometer and a pair of speakers too
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

No I'm not crying in pain but from joy...though my wallet will tell you otherwise
I think it will be fun

Carl
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

c.rainford73 wrote:No I'm not crying in pain but from joy...though my wallet will tell you otherwise
I think it will be funImage

Carl
I'll look forward to seeing the tank that gets the new card Carl.

Paul
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tiggr wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:No I'm not crying in pain but from joy...though my wallet will tell you otherwise
I think it will be funImage

Carl
I'll look forward to seeing the tank that gets the new card Carl.

Paul
Yes sir I will keep you posted and setup a thread with the installation and wiring with pictures

Return to “General Discussion”