Comet A34 Scratch build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Bogeyman
Corporal

Re: Comet A34 Scratch build

Post by Bogeyman »

Nice work on the figure Rob.

John
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Back to the drawing board for me then.
I didn't give it a second thought when I looked at the images on Thingiverse, he has superimposed faces on the models. The reason he has done this is because on the printed ones the faces are just flat with a bump for a nose. The rest of the figures are quite detailed, but because of the pose, it creates a lot of very small and narrow features that a printer can't cope with, eg a rifle barrel printed horizontally is so thin that it just won't work. He would have been better off creating these figures in parts like a kit.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Is it possible to remove the head and ancillary bits? Heads are relatively easy to find and things like rifles etc would have to e chopped off anyway? To save high-jacking your build thread, I am reposting this to my British figures thread.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “Other Builds”